Old 09-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Default I did it!

I said no to free food!!! My school is having a barbacue complete with hotdogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, cookies, brownies, candy, and soda. And I said no thanks while looking at it! Last week I avoided the ice cream party like the plague (going out a side door). But this week? I stared free food down and won!

Normally free food is my weakness. If I'm eating at a buffet I swear to god it's like i'm in a competition with others and if I don't eat it and get the food first, I'll starve to death. So for me to say no is huge! Free food has derailed my dieting attempts in the past. I truley think this is the first time I've EVER said no to free food...and it feels SOOO good!

Anyone else have any mini victories to share?
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #2  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

Great job! I have a hard time stopping and throwing food out, but keep telling myself I am NOT a garbage can. It's OK to get rid of excess...leftovers...what have you. I too have a tough time with portion control at buffets. Good choice on passing it up!
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #3  

Huge mindset victory!! And I'm convinced the weight game is AT LEAST 90% mindgame. Think about the ads we process every day to consume, consume, consume. It's like a Psy-Ops game. Muting TV commercials really has helped me be the master of my own fate with all the occasional food that crosses my path every day and with the holidays just around the corner there will be food, food everywhere so now is a good time to start telling it who's the boss!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Great accomplishment! I have a hard time with that, too, but then think of the time it'll "cost" me to work off that free food!! Great job!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote