Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #1  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Decided to come back... need the support!

Ok... so its been a long time since I have been here. Probably around May, the end of last school year. I am a teacher and the summer totally just kicked my butt. Going on trips and just being without a schedule did me in. You would think having more TIME would be a good thing right? I thought it would be too. I am the only one to blame.. I let myself give up.

So here I am again. Starting back over with Day 1. I don't know what I weigh. Haven't gotten on the scale since beginning of June, but I know I am back where I started. In the 180s. I am only 5'2", so I have some work to do.

I did so much better when I was posting here, so hopefully this will help me again. I have some reading to do to catch up with everyone.
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #2  
determined

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'11"

Same here Kelli, I just returned to this site two days ago. I was active on here for a year, in which I lost 30lbs, (I had already lost 20 before). I was doing good, kept the weight off for a year, and slowly quit coming here. With in the past year I have gained all 50lbs back. A little crushed, and angry at myself, I decided I needed to return to everything I was doing before. Walking 2 miles a day, logging how much I drink, and coming to this site.
savanahfloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #3  
love it or lose it

This site really does help.. I had lost weight in the past.. around 30lbs. then gained all of it back. This past year I lost 15, then gained it back. I am trying to figure out what works for me and is something I can STICK with.

It can be done!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi!!! Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandfluffy View Post

I did so much better when I was posting here, so hopefully this will help me again.
Posting here IS a big help, so please stick around and don't stop sticking around.

So besides posting often, what's your mode of attack? How are you going to go about this? What's the plan?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

I see we posted at the same time. Finding something that you CAN stick with is of course vital. But I think it's more vital to find something that you are WILLING to stick with. Because at some point, you're not only going to have to find what works for you, but you'll have to find something to MAKE work for you. Not sure if that made sense.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #6  
love it or lose it

Thank you Robin and YES it made sense.. haha. I think that was my problem before. I did LA weight loss... lost weight, but then couldn't stick with the plan. It was too difficult to figure out where things fit in. But calorie counting was something I was doing good at. Not sure why I quit other than just being lazy.

I know that CC is something that I could stick with because I can make it work. Did good so far today... so I am happy with myself for that!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #7  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

Way to go! And this time you know more than you did last time you put your feet on the path, so it won't be such strange, uncharted territory.

Congratulations!
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandfluffy View Post
Thank you Robin and YES it made sense.. haha. I think that was my problem before. I did LA weight loss... lost weight, but then couldn't stick with the plan. It was too difficult to figure out where things fit in. But calorie counting was something I was doing good at. Not sure why I quit other than just being lazy.

I know that CC is something that I could stick with because I can make it work. Did good so far today... so I am happy with myself for that!
Yay! Get into the CC. Fall in love with it and what it can do for you. Find great foods to eat within that calorie budget. Be creative. MAKE it work for you and enjoy doing so - this way you will WANT to stick with it. Obviously sometimes we just have to stick with it whether we want to or not (it's the mature thing to do!), but actually enjoying it and wanting to makes it that much more simpler.

KEep at it. Just keep going. I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #9  
love it or lose it

Thanks guys! I actually got on the scale this morning. Not happy, but it did give me a boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Obviously sometimes we just have to stick with it whether we want to or not (it's the mature thing to do!), but actually enjoying it and wanting to makes it that much more simpler.
Haha... well said! I can me very IMMATURE about it. If I know I have to eat the grilled chicken I prepared something I act like a big baby. I don't WANT that stupid chicken. The times I gave in I was mad at myself afterwards, but when I forced myself to eat what I prepared I was always proud. Something to remember!