Old 08-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

Question what do you typically eat in a day? examples?

I just started a new job, and there is not a microwave there! So I. Have no idea what to eat for lunches... I figured for breakfasts ill just have cereal or oatmeal, and dinner I will eat whatever my hubby makes. But I have no clue what to do for lunches! Any suggestions with this type of work environment is a huge help.... I'm also not allowed to leave the room at any given time- so no drinking water to use the bathroom, except for when I'm allowed to go on my lunch and break, which the time of that changes each dat. (I'm an infant teacher)

Last edited by briters89; 08-23-2010 at 12:05 AM.
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:42 AM   #2  
just me

S/C/G: 327/277/185

Height: 6'1"

Default My typical day

I am a "calorie counter". Currently, I aim for around 1600-1700 calories per day, depending on my day. My calorie burn is between 2600-3000 per day for a deficit of around 750-1000 calories, sometimes more, sometimes less.
My typical day is usually somewhere close to this:

Breakfast:
0 large mug of coffee
60 1/2 cup 1% milk in coffee
0 stevia or splenda in coffee
60 cals 1/2 cup egg beaters with seasonings to taste like mrs. dash
35 1 wedge laughing cow or other low-fat cheese
130 1 toasted english muffin
100 fruit - usually canteloup or watermelon

AM snack
100 calories snack such as fruit, veggies, deli turkey, pretzels

Lunch is fairly light
110 tortilla/1 slice multi-grain bread/2 slices of sara lee 45 calorie bread
90 deli turkey or chicken or maybe tuna or a boiled egg
25 lettuce, tomatoes, maybe a pickle wedge
40 small fruit such as a plum

PM snack
80 low fat yogurt

Dinner
200 rice, potatoe, bread or other starch/veggies/side dish
300 protein such as chicken, turkey or beef (usually red meat only 2 or 3x week) or a homemade casserole type dish.
50 LARGE salad with lots of veggies - red leaf lettuce, baby spincah tomatoes, broccoli, squash, mushrooms, etc
salad dressing is from Walden Farms. No calories, No Carbs, No Cholesterol and No fat, but taste yummy!

PM Snack
150 skinny cow ice cream, sugar free pudding, popcorn, etc

Last edited by wickky; 08-23-2010 at 12:46 AM.
wickky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Do you have a fridge? I usually make a salad in the morning and take a pre-measured amount of dressing with me to work. Otherwise I sometimes splurge and buy sushi - but that probably doesn't help you much.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:29 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

If you don't have a fridge, you could also use a small cooler with an ice pack. How about some cottage cheese with veggies inside (I like red onions, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes), a side of bread. Maybe some almonds that are portion controlled? You could also take a greek yogurt instead of the cottage cheese. You could make a pita sandwich....stuff it with hummus, veggies and turkey cold cuts. You could make a salad (into a tupperware container) with all your favorite veggies, throw on some grilled chicken from home and salsa.

I hope you enjoy your new job! Congrats!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #5  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

You'd be surprised at how much really doesn't need to be refrigerated (like most mayos, for example).

Here are some typical lunches for me:

1) Lunch sized meatloafs (same recipe as regular meatloaf, but several small loaves intead of one big loaf) + salad
2) Ham, lettuce, and tomato sandwich w/ mayo + salad + fruit
3) Pasta salad + nuts + fruit
4) Leftover flat bread pizza + salad
5) Pasta w/ red sauce and feta cheese + salad
6) Hummus and veggies + nuts

I find looking at bento websites to be super-helpful for lunch ideas, because often they're not meant to be reheated. Good luck, and update date us w/ any good ideas that work for you!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I always use a cooler at work.

My daily meals are 1525 calories (1675 on one day per week)

Typical menu:
B- 200g egg white, 1/2 cup rasberries, 1 whole wheat toast 7g margarine, 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1 peach
L-Salmon wrap (cream cheese, 4oz smoked salmon,spinach,red onion,dill)
D- Pork loin (3oz) baked potato (2oz) carrots,celery,onion braised with 1 tbsp olive oil
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone! I don't have a refrigerator either... this place is sort of a dump. And its difficult to carry an ice chest, because I take the train/bus, and to lug an ice chest on there, then walk 9 blocks is hard. I'm just leaning towards sandwitch making, fruit, and granola bars...
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by briters89 View Post
Thanks everyone! I don't have a refrigerator either... this place is sort of a dump. And its difficult to carry an ice chest, because I take the train/bus, and to lug an ice chest on there, then walk 9 blocks is hard. I'm just leaning towards sandwitch making, fruit, and granola bars...
That does sound like a pain in the bum. I used to also throw in ice packs into a zip loc bag and then into a backpack. Backpack was easy to carry. Refrigerated items eat first, then nuts/fruits as the day went on
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #9  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

You can freeze a water bottle to keep food cold. Or fill a water bottle up halfway, freeze it, add water when you're ready to take it to work. This will keep your food cold.

Leftover vegetables with leftover meat on lettuce or cabbage. Eat cold with a little dressing.
Leftover meat or sandwich meat on a ww roll, pita, wrap, bread.
Ham, tuna, chicken, egg salad on a " " " " ".
" " " " " on a salad.
Whole wheat pasta as a salad with vegetables, meat, and either a low-fat mayo or oil & vinegar dressing.
Finger Chef Salad: Raw veggie pieces with pieces of ham, turkey & low-fat cheese. Cucumber spears, radishes, celery, carrots, pepper strips, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, etc., "sticks" of cold cuts, or thin slices rolled, and a light, thin dressing for dip.
Fresh fruit (whole or cut up) on the side.
You can try thermoses meant for hot foods, with chile, soup, WW pasta and sauce. I haven't had great luck with them 1) holding a full serving or 2) keeping food hot enough to trust.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/248/180

Height: 5'9''

I was just thinking about this today as I work 2nd shift (3p-11p) so it takes up all my good time.

I eat brekkie at home - 2 eggs

I usually pack a lunch that I eat right before I start at 3 - Turkey sandwich on wheat bread with spinach. Pack a bag of carrots and a fruit.

For dinner, I struggle. This week I've been going to Subway, because my co-workers eat at McDonalds and the like every night, so it makes me feel like I get to eat out and 'be bad' too. I BBQ'd a bunch of chicken last weekend and brought it to work, with a serving of vegtables and fruit. We have a full kitchen here, but it's hard for me to leave the desk, so I end up just eating the chicken cold. Maybe not ideal, but it works.

I have problems with snacks. I don't know what a good snack is to have around. I was going to do Lindora - so ideally it would be a protein snack. Right now, it's mainly carrots or fruit or something. I bought beef jerkey the other night because I had left my lunch at home. It was pretty good - 1.5 oz = 140 cal, .5 g fat, 9 carbs and 22g protein.

Still on the hunt of easy/already prepared snackage.
classybroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 AM   #11  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I too have this problem no microwave or fridge at work. oscar myers makes these really yummy "lunchable" type things they are called deli creations I've been eating those at my work they fit into a small little cooler no bigger then the size of my purse so it's not difficult to carry around- it comes with deli turkey or chicken meat, 5 long cracker flat bread things and cream cheese and tiny piece of chocolate! has enough protein to keep me full till I get home for dinner. they are about 350-370 cals depending on the one you get. I also bring two small snacks though as well like dried fruit, trail mix, or a fiber granola bar. also individual fruit cups. You could make a peanut butter sandwich on 45 calorie bread and 1/2 a serving of PB the whole sandwich will only be 190 cals. You could also get protein shakes like a slim fast type thing I dont think those need to be refrigerated. you could premake sandwiches and salads as well and put them in a little cooler- now most of this stuff is going to be a little higher in sodium so make sure your drinking water when you get home to flush it out. but they are at least nutritional, have protein in them and

forgot to add I get these from time to time they dont need to be cooled at all

and another favorite

240-280 cals

and some more

40-60 cals

<-- 180 cals

Last edited by mariamherrera; 08-24-2010 at 01:28 AM.
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote