UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #1  
En Route to Fabulousness

S/C/G: 365/365/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Gym Buddies? Anyone need a workout/Diet partner?

Hello,

I'm returning to my healthier lifestyle after letting myself go in a major way over the past year. I really want to return to the gym and although I can go by myself its so much better with someone else! I thought that maybe we could use this thread to find workout partners in the UK.

Does anyone fancy coming to get fit with me? I'm in Manchester and I'm 27. I'm not yet a member of any gym but pretty flexible and willing to join any one (as long as it has somewhere to pop my car!) Let me know if you're interested.
Miss Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/174/133

Height: 5.2

Wish you were in Cardiff! I need a gym buddy too. I do go 5-6 days a week, and have a personal trainer once a week but its kind of lonely doing it alone. I reckon I would work harder if I had a buddy!! I feel like Billy Nomates!!

By the way I am with DW Fitness and they have lots of equipment, all you could need plus really nice pools and steam rooms for those pamper days.

Last edited by Super Chunk; 09-25-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Super Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #3  
En Route to Fabulousness

Sorry for the late response! It is a shame you're not closer I'd love a gym mate! I'm scared of all the suoer skinnies there!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/165/126

Height: 5 6"

Hi, I live just outside Manchester but haven't joined a gym yet unfortunately as I am looking to start a program at home . I am however starting Vacuum Therapy sessions this friday in a studio in Salford, it promises to lose a dress size in 12 sessions, I'll let you know how it goes and if it works maybe you can have a go. Ive heard a lot of good reviews and even saw it on Gillian McKeiths program a while back, hoping to add it to my home routine to boost my weight loss by xmas.
LimboIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #5  

Hi Miss Coco,
I'm based in Didsbury, south Manchester, and seem to have lost all motivation, so could definitely use a gym/diet buddy! I'm already a member of Didsbury Sports Centre, which is small, friendly and reasonably priced. Let me know if you'd like to try a class together or just meet for general weightloss support.
xx
jennyhvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #6  
Nat

S/C/G: 199/161/133

Height: 5'4"

I'm 27 also and in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. I joined my local gym last month and finished my induction a couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to go every day (except for a week off I had for Christmas).

I'm really enjoying it actually - it's actually killing me that the gym is shut today, I'm itching to get back to it!

I suppose Barnsley is a little far for you though.
XenaGlamRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/239/139

Height: 5ft 4

I'm in Manchester too, Salford. Not a member of any gym yet but if had buddy, would def help. Anybody wanna be my friend???
cnc0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #8  
En Route to Fabulousness

Sorry I didn't realise anybody had replied to this. Still looking for a gym partner - I actually used to go to that gym before Jenny, wouldn't be adverse to going again!

In fact I'll pm you all x
Old 02-04-2011, 02:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/170

Height: 5" 10'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Chunk View Post
Wish you were in Cardiff! I need a gym buddy too. I do go 5-6 days a week, and have a personal trainer once a week but its kind of lonely doing it alone. I reckon I would work harder if I had a buddy!! I feel like Billy Nomates!!

By the way I am with DW Fitness and they have lots of equipment, all you could need plus really nice pools and steam rooms for those pamper days.
If I didn't have the kids to look after I'd jump at the chance of a gym buddy! I'd love to go to the gym but it's just not possible at the moment. I'll have to wait about a year until they are both at school and then I can go in the day.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote