Old 08-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #1  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Default Hello All!! New 20-Something in NJ ready to start my life!

Hey All!

I've been lurking here for awhile but I figure now is as good a time as any to introduce myself!

I'm 28 (about to be 29 next month) and I'm tired of losing 30lbs and gaining it all back...it's time to FINALLY be fit by 30!

A bit of a background, never been fully skinny so I'm not even sure I CAN be skinny, even though my boyfriend says its totally possible IF that's what I want (He is totally supportive so I'm def doing this for myself).

Anyway, I weigh around 220 and have for about 3 years now. I sometimes yoyo and go down to 190 and then I gain it all back within a few months. I can't believe I let it go this far. The most I ever weighed was around 175, at my lowest around 140lbs (this in adult life, in HS I weighed around 130-`140).

Once I graduated college and started working full time and trying to live out my dream career...I gained so much weight. So this is all gained over the last 6 years.

For the past year I've been unemployed, losing self esteem and getting bigger. I ballooned to 225 now and I'm ready to make a change.

I signed myself up for bootcamp in my area and it starts on Monday! I'm SO SO SO SCARED! It says for all fitness levels but I am PETRIFIED. I mean I haven't worked out in ummm...I dunno? 7 years?! And I've never been too coordinated or worked out too long. I've always wanted to be one of those people who LOVES to run or LOVES to workout but I just am not sure I can be....

Anyway, I am starting a change in lifestyle. Not a diet but just me eating smaller portions and low carbs, instaed of eating 6 pieces of pizza, I'll eat 1 and a small side salad or some peanuts. I mean I have a million recipes and I am just waiting to try them all but I also won't deny myself completely everything in moderation. I will reward myslef but only in small doses. Anywayyyyyyyyy

That's it for me. I'm trying to figure out what my goal weight is going to be and after I get tested tomorrow at orientation for bootcamp (they monitor your progress and test you at the end of each session, each session is 4 weeks)...I think I'll have a better idea.

Thank you for all of your posts! I feel like I know half of you already!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:16 AM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

welcome and good luck with your goals!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #3  
Working it out!

Thanks Matilda =)
Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #4  
Don't ever give up!

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome
lusciousskittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #5  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Krizs! Welcome to 3FC! Good luck with the bootcamp, I've heard those are great but they will kick your patookus
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #6  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

welcome krizs! congrats on taking the first steps. let me know how bootcamp goes! i want to sign up for one eventually too. should you need any support, let me know. us jersey girls gotta stick together
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #7  
Working it out!

Hey ladies! Thanks so much for the warm welcomes =)

Bootcamp was this morning and let me tell you, I AM SORE! He is a GREAT instructor and it's a woman's only class so it's fantastic. Downtown on the water and he is a FIRM instructor yet he is understanding about the different levels of fitness in the class. All of the women were extremely supportive and sharing their weightloss stories and health stories. It was all totally inspiring!

They also teach you about nutrition so I'm learning A LOT! I can't wait to go back tomorrow, although, while there I'm sure I'll wish I was still in bed ha!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/135/125

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the first day of bootcamp! I really want to give it a try... but am scared. LOL Good luck with your goals!!
thepapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #9  
Working it out!

Hey all! I just wanted to come back and let you know!! I weighed in today! It has officially been one week since I started bootcamp and my nutrition plan (lifestyle change)!

I have lost 6.2 pounds (yes I totally count that .2)!! I actually started a blog and have received so many emails saying how inspiring it is and I checked the info on the site for links...I didn't see anythign saying I couldn't post it and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if all of you lovely ladies followed me on it here:

www.1yeartolose.blogspot.com

Truly, it is so nice to have people pushing me along and others that I can help as well! I'm loving bootcamp and it's amazing what your body WANTS you to do!

Thank you again for all of your well wishes.

I can't wait til I can put a signature in my profile!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Girl, sometimes it takes those little decimals to make me not jump off a bridge! Props on the bootcamp, I found one that looks to be fantastic in my area, AND well priced.. but I'm totally putting off signing up until I have at least a few more weeks C25k under my belt. A new round started this morning, but I am soooo afraid I'll be the only severely out of shape one that can't keep up with anything. It is a 3 week long camp, with one week off, so I'm giving myself 4 weeks from today to be ready for the next round.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #11  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hey! Welcome! There are some really awesome challenges that you can join to also help you along! I'm leading a TBL challenge for 20 Somethings if you are interested!

To see the rules... Click Here

To Chat (if you join)... Click Here

Good luck with everything and post often to let us know how you're doing!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #12  
Working it out!

Kim - Thanks so much for the links!

Amanda - I was worried too! I went in with NO PRIOR exercise experience since freakign HS (and then I didn't really exercise either), so 11 years of just doing NOTHING! You'll be amazed at what your body is capable of once you push it so hard. You should def check out my blog, I really think you'll like it!

If you do, start at the bottom so you can see the difference a week makes! You can do it =)