Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #1  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default need a pep talk

I have been in this rut the last couple weeks where I am still watching my food intake but I have not wanted to exercise other than walking. Just the thought of doing it puts me into a little panic. I don't know what it is. Anyway, I really need to get back on track TONIGHT and work out. When I think about dragging myself into the basement, I feel tired and kind of overwhelmed. It's storming outside so it has to be an indoor workout. I think I am bored of my routine. I have walk away the pounds dvds, turbo jam dvds (but I am totally lost and uncoordinated so I hate it LOL), and my elliptical trainer. Please tell me to get my butt in gear and maybe give me an idea of what I can do for a basement cardio workout
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Does ten minutes freak you out? Five? Set yourself a moderate goal and go accomplish it. Set the same goal for the next few days. Then creep it up slowly. IME, if you are full-on dreading exercise, you are pushing yourself too hard.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #3  
Don't want to be so tired

S/C/G: 150/145/125

Height: 5-4

May be that going to the basement to do workout thing is too much for you~ can you remember some of those moves in the workout dvds? like some simple squats or lunges or stand~up crunches ? start your most favorite songs and just do some of those for 1 song [your most favorite song of all time ] and see if that makes your body move.

Or just dance like the way we used to do when we were kids/teens that always work as a workout for me

Hope any of that helps
tiredalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Why not walk around your house for your exercise? Or jog in place?
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

the best tip i've ever gotten is to just work out 15 minutes when you don't feel like it. that's all i aim for, thought most of the time i end up doing my whole hour..

i'm in a rut too, and it's around 1 am here.. but i know i have to go to the gym. it sucks sometimes though, but not going is not going isn't an option.

Last edited by therex; 08-10-2010 at 03:49 AM.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #6  
I am worth it

Thanks I did end up working out for 25 minutes on my elliptical then I did a bit of abs and arms. I think the thing that helped me most was posting for help then knowing I could come back and say " I did it " . I felt proud when I was done working out. I may come back and post my workouts for a few days for accountability. I think I am more likely to exercise when I have someone looking out for me.
Thanks again ladies.
I plan to walk for 45 minutes today as my exercise. Tomorrow I will do some cardio.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #7  
Don't want to be so tired

S/C/G: 150/145/125

Height: 5-4

Good for you and let us know if you need any more help in motivating you thats what we are here for you~
tiredalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5'8

Great job!
I know for the longest time I just dreaded going to the gym/working out after i gained so much weight. What tends to help me the most is telling myself, ok just 20 mins and then re-evauluate. Just getting myself on the equipment and past the 10 min mark usually will keep me going longer then my minimum time!
I also used to add in little bursts of different activities, lunges here, jumping jacks there, throughout the day. Need to get back to that again myself!
cataclysmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #9  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

You might find it helpful to join the monthly exercise challenge under Support Groups/Chicks Up For a Challenge. We post our goals at the beginning of the month (or the middle for people just getting started) and then track them in that thread. We're not very chatty, but there's support if you need it, and I find it really helpful to log my progress in a place where I feel accountable to my stated goal.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #10  
I am worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
You might find it helpful to join the monthly exercise challenge under Support Groups/Chicks Up For a Challenge. We post our goals at the beginning of the month (or the middle for people just getting started) and then track them in that thread. We're not very chatty, but there's support if you need it, and I find it really helpful to log my progress in a place where I feel accountable to my stated goal.
thanks, I may check into that my weight loss has slowed because I have less to lose now. I really need to kick it up a notch to get to goal by Christmas.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #11  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

Good for you! I always dread the first 10-15 minutes of exercising, but somehow once I get through that, I usually am good for my full hour. And you used the forum exactly how you're supposed to and motivated me at the same time! :-) Now I'm out the door to go get my workout in!!
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote