Old 08-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #1  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

Default meat yum

hey guys, i love meat but since ive started dieting ive only been eating chicken and tinned fish, i know fish is brilliant for on a diet but what i really want to know is what meats are give good bang for buck (the ones with low calories )
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #2  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Pork loin if you do pork, it's about 120-130 cal/ serving and it's the yum!
Ground turkey, turkey breast, turkey tenderloins, salmon, cod, haddock, any other fish, lean ground beef, Beef Tenderloin, Beef Top Loin, beef eye of round, beef top sirloin, Beef round tip. That's just some off the top of my head.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #3  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I mostly stick with chicken and turkey typically I use lean ground turkey breast for things like meatballs, meat loaf, taco's, burgers.. anything I'd have normally used beef for. it just seems to give me more bang for my buck and I can usually have more of it- but I eat a lot of chicken as well usually chicken breast again because it's just leaner and lower calories I grill it, make kabobs, bake it in the oven cut it in to strips and put it on salad, or I shred it and make taco meat, etc

I do eat tuna, halibut, cod, shrimp, crab, on occasional as well.

I haven't eaten beef,pork, lamb, veal,bison in ages mostly for ethical reasons and because I'm attempting to become a vegetarian
-

However I have hear bison and lean pork is also reasonably calorie wise

Last edited by mariamherrera; 08-09-2010 at 02:16 PM.
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #4  

I get ground bison to use in any recipes that call for ground beef like chilli and stuffed peppers and meatballs. It has fewer calories than most ground beefs.

I get pork tenderloin, beef tenderloin- try to get it without noticeable fat.

I love seafood though and could eat fish every day of the week especially salmon and mahi mahi, but dear husband is not such a fan. lol

I detest chicken, but will eat boneless skinless chicken breast in stir fries and other meals because it is inexpensive and low-fat.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #5  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

thanks guys some great ideas there, im going to make a trip to the store tomorrow, live in europe so we dont have bison im dying to try it when i visit america now! thanks again ive no idea why i got stuck in this chicken trap
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #6  
cb1

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'6

Depends on your plan. I find myself eating chicken when I'm looking for cheap (calorie-wise) food, but I tend to find myself eating whatever (lamb, beef, ham) so I can have protein, and it's less $ than chicken where I live. I just keep in mind that if I eat a small piece of chicken it's gonna be about 100 calories (boneless, skinless, cooked on george foreman) and if I eat 3 oz of beef it's gonna be 200-300 calories (I weigh all my meat). I plan the rest of the meal and snacks accordingly.

I find on lamb or beef days that I don't have much room for snacks, but that's ok with me!

Any meat can be low-calorie if you watch your portion sizes. You just don't get as much volume, is all. Are you after volume or taste? I find when I am eating a small portion, having it on a small, pretty plate and making it look attractive goes a long way in making me feel satisfied.
cb1 is offline   Reply With Quote