Old 08-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default Frustrated and Discouraged

Hi! I am normally a lurker here but I could really use some advise.

Four weeks ago I started Medifast and have been religious about following the plan. I originally weighed 269 and appeared to drop weight quickly in the first two weeks (10 pounds). The third week was less successful and I struggled to lose 2 pounds. The fourth week however, is where my frustrations lie. I have actually GAINED nearly 3 pounds. At this point I don't know what to do. I feel stupid for wasting my time and money on this extreme diet that isn't producing much more weight loss than your average diet.

Does anyone have any suggestions? My new shipment is being delivered tomorrow and at this point I'm debating returning it...
MelissaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Weight fluctuates, due to a number of things. I would give it at least a couple of more weeks before I wrote it off as a waste. Just following a regular diet, one week this year I gained four pounds and dropped six the next week. You never know what your body is going to do.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SCG: 226/210/165

Height: 5'9"

Do you have a health coach, or are you doing this solo? Also, maybe you should add a lean and green? Sometimes that helps rev up your metabolism. Or adding another shake when you are REALLY hungry. Are you excersising? Are you drinking enough water? Are you on or going to start your period? All of those things play a factor in weight loss. I would focus on the weight that you HAVE lost and try to not focus on your stall. I know that this is hard to do, but it's necessary. Look at your long term goal of ultimate health and that weight loss is not easy. Sometimes we do have to fight for every pound, but it's SO worth it in the end.

Don't throw in the towel. You owe it to yourself to get healty and drop the lbs. once and for all. Some weeks are discouraging, but with any other weight loss plan you would go through your ups and downs. I know, I've tried them ALL. One last thing, make sure you measure EVERYTHING. Your lean and grean should be measured. Every bite you take outside of your meal replacements should be noted. Sometimes that makes a difference. Hope this helps. You CAN do it. Hang in there.
Jermsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #4  

Thank you both for the replies! To answer your questions:

No, I do not have a health coach. I was recently laid off and do not have extra money for coaches, doctor visits, etc.

Adding an additional lean and green may be exactly what I need. Thanks for the suggestion! My daily caloric intake (including the lean and green) is between 760 and 840... which I am afraid is too low.

Oddly enough I am rarely hungry. In fact, I find I have to force myself to eat all 5 MF meals each day.

As for exercising, I have been taking brisk walks (2.5 miles) several times per week. Considering I used to be almost completely stationary I think it's a great start to regular exercise.

I am drinking plenty of plain water. My intake averages around one gallon of water per day.

No, I am not going to start my period. I would have been a bit less discouraged it that was the case.

Lastly, I do measure and record everything that goes into my mouth during the day. It has been great for adapting to proper portion sizes!

Well thanks for the encouragement! I guess I will stick with the plan for one more month and if I do not see reasonable weight loss I will move on to something else. Wish me luck!
MelissaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SCG: 226/210/165

Height: 5'9"

Wishing you luck for sure! I think adding a lean and green might do it. Especially with you walking a bunch during the week. You can do it! If you need support or encouragement just let me know.
Jermsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/169/125

Height: 5'3"

The coaches are free through Medifast. Go to the website. I have one and order my food through her. It's no cost.
dcleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote