Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

Default HELP! Workout advice for a VIP (VERY inactive person)

So i understand that diet alone is not going to cut it. I just have a hard time right now getting moving. I walk fine and am not completely sedentary by any means. However, just walking around can exhaust me and get me a little crampy sometimes. I noticed that people much heavier than me have lost much more weight than I need to and they started off by just...standing up. I can stand up fine, but I feel my starting point should be somewhere between standing up and running full-out on a treadmill. Not trying to do anything unhealthy,but don't want to be overly cautious. Can any of you fitness gurus help me. In a few months I really want to be one of those gym-addicts that never understood how i made it without exercise with it's lovely endorphins! Please help if you can!
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/135/120

Height: 5'2"

I honestly like the Wii Fit, I do feel like I'm starting to out grow it ans I become more active but I love it. And the games are fun. I will probably always do it for the fun as I add more intense things for the exercise. I was very inactive and could barely go upstairs without getting out of breath. The first time I worked out I was on it for 15 mins and it pooped me out. I was diganosed very early stages of heart failure in Jan and had to start making a change somewhere. I can now run and box til I'm bored. I work up a sweat but I am now moving on the other things. In a nutshell, that is what got me moving and I am greatful.
applelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #3  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Have you tried the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs? I LOVE them. They aren't dancey, but you get such a good work out on them. And if any of the moves get to hard, you can just go back to walking. I highly suggest them!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkHoodie View Post
Have you tried the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs? I LOVE them. They aren't dancey, but you get such a good work out on them. And if any of the moves get to hard, you can just go back to walking. I highly suggest them!
I second this suggestion.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #5  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

how about some chair yoga DVD's? I can get my Heart rate up just by sitting down, moving my arms around, and leg lifts etc. I'm sure there are many Chair DVD's you could combine with short walks and progress very quickly

edit: here are some. I'd probably start with the 1st (even though it says for seniors, it has good reviews by young people too!)
http://www.amazon.com/Stronger-Senio...1&sr=8-1-spell

http://www.amazon.com/Chair-Aerobics...1&sr=8-3-spell

How about water aerobics? I do a class once a week. I started out in the shallow classes, and moved to the deeper classes. I love the deep water because you can go at your own pace and no one cares. There are all types of people, ranging from very fit young athletes to very overweight people, to seniors etc.

Last edited by pinkflower; 08-05-2010 at 12:24 AM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

THANK YOU ALL...you're very appreciated. I will look into all of these great suggestions...my soon-to-be roomie has a we and i played basketball on it. My arm got sore...that's how outta shape i am LOL. I needed ALL the suggestions...thanks a mil
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #7  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower View Post
How about water aerobics? I do a class once a week. I started out in the shallow classes, and moved to the deeper classes. I love the deep water because you can go at your own pace and no one cares. There are all types of people, ranging from very fit young athletes to very overweight people, to seniors etc.
I second this suggestion. Aqua aerobics was the very first exercise I ever tried and I loved it. The water hid all my fat and uncoordination, I didn't have to deal with gravity so it was easier to move, and everyone in the class was older than me so I didn't have to deal with the embarrassment of being watched by cute skinny girls with ponytails and I had 29 grannies cheering me on.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote