Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #1  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Talking FINALLY hit my breaking point!!

I always felt I needed to lose weight; never in my life have I been skinny or even average, but I always felt I needed to get to that breaking point, and FINALLY today I had it!

I went out to lunch with my mom & ate a taco & wings and then a soda & a bunch of cookies at the movie theater...
Of course I felt/feel like CRAP, and afterward we went to American Eagle to exchange one of her shirts... I looked around, and realized, I so badly want to be able to go into any store and have my worry be that I dont have enough money rather than none of this will fit me!

Literally I carry ALL my excess weight in my stomach & I am SO uncomfortable in my skin! I always feel awkward & just weird- like its an alien hiding inside me!
But thats it- I dont care if the scale continues to move slowly so long as it moves! Breaking point!! Just thought I'd share
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #2  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I love these sorts of epiphany moments.. they are the greatest motivators in the world Way to go hun, you are doing great already. Sounds like now you are in the can-do spirit, and I'm sure you will!
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix301 View Post
I love these sorts of epiphany moments.. they are the greatest motivators in the world Way to go hun, you are doing great already. Sounds like now you are in the can-do spirit, and I'm sure you will!
Yay thank you!!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #4  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Great! The "breaking point" is soooo powerful! Use it to get you a great head start and you will go far!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2

Well you are already on the right track having lost 23lb. Try having 1 cheat meal a week and then eat healthily for the other 6 days, see if that works for you.
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Well done actually! Because as it was said above, this will motivate you a lot. It worked for me the last time I had one of those, I just think that I don't deserve to carry all that fat on me all the time! I want it off!!!
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 277/248.8/145

Height: 5"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughteroftheKing View Post
I always felt I needed to lose weight; never in my life have I been skinny or even average, but I always felt I needed to get to that breaking point, and FINALLY today I had it!

I went out to lunch with my mom & ate a taco & wings and then a soda & a bunch of cookies at the movie theater...
Of course I felt/feel like CRAP, and afterward we went to American Eagle to exchange one of her shirts... I looked around, and realized, I so badly want to be able to go into any store and have my worry be that I dont have enough money rather than none of this will fit me!

Literally I carry ALL my excess weight in my stomach & I am SO uncomfortable in my skin! I always feel awkward & just weird- like its an alien hiding inside me!
But thats it- I dont care if the scale continues to move slowly so long as it moves! Breaking point!! Just thought I'd share
Thanks for sharing I just recently had one of these moments myself. But at least you are already on your way to reaching your goals Keep going! I cant wait to see your milestones and then the end result
musicalme223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #8  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Weird how a "breaking point" can be a good thing, isn't it? I wish you tons and tons of luck!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #9  

Thank you all!!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5'8

It took awhile of just keeping gaining and gaining this year for it to hit me that i could stop that and reverse the trend and i remember the "moment" oh too well. Congrats and best of luck!
cataclysmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #11  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Way to go! I need to have one of those
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #12  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Joining the thread like a month late, but I thought I'd share.

First, congrats on your "moment"! In my experience, it's a powerful motivator - more so than much else I've come across.

My epiphany happened a few months ago. Before that, I'd tried to lose weight, did lose weight, and gained it back and then some. But one day I stepped on a scale and saw my weight was over 200 lbs - 207 actually. My BMI was like 35, and I realized I was definitely obese and only had a few pounds until I hit morbidly obese (BMI 40+). I was like 30 lbs away, which wasn't much for me.

I knew I had to change things NOW if I wanted to have a chance at health as I got older. Also, like you, I was uncomfortable with how I was in my skin. I didn't fit well in places, I couldn't maneuver around people well, and I just felt bulky.

Just keep that feeling and you'll be fine.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote