Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Unhappy 5 cupcakes dunked in icing and it's note even 10 am!!

Okay, today is my brother's birthday party for family, so I (being the baker int the family) was going to make the desserts,
I made a lemon cake yesterday, and today I made coconut cupcakes and a berry spoon cake, plus iced the cake.
But I burned the cupcakes a little, and the paper cups got stuck to them when I was going to try one that came out small and indented from the paper cup. So I decided to tke the paper off the rest of them...
And 2 of them broke when removing the paper...so I had them plus the one I had before...and then two more later on :|

I counted up all the calories in them (including the icing) and got about 300 calories for each!! So Those with the apple and peanut butter toast I had for breakfast leave me at 2,000 calories, and it's not even my post-breakfast snack time yet!!!

I still have a party to go through- what should I do??

I'm not trying ot lose weight anymore, and am trying to quit calorie counting, but this is really setting me back, because now I feel like I need to count everything I eat for the rest of the day >.<
Will my body know it took in that many calories, and not make me feel hungry too much for the next couple of days? Should I eat lighter this week to balance it out?

Edit: Also, I took in a lot of sugar...and I mean a lot...what should I do about that?

Last edited by MeganTheMushroom; 07-31-2010 at 09:45 AM.
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

If it was me...I'd think that, for today, what's done is done. You can't go back and change what happened, or else I think we'd all take advantage and go back to before we started gaining weight, right?

All you can do now is make the healthiest choices you can the rest of the day. Keep it low, because you have to eat or else you'll binge again for sure. Try to go for a run or do a little extra exercise today if you can.

Just keep in mind what happened and don't beat yourself up too badly for it. People make mistakes...nobody's perfect.

Oh, and just a tip that I use - next time you're baking, chew gum. Go through 10 pieces if you need to. Just keep your mouth busy so you won't feel tempted to lick the spoon or eat the broken/burned ones. And there's nothing wrong with tossing the bad ones - better in the trash than on our thighs!!!

Last edited by MindiV; 07-31-2010 at 09:51 AM.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

"Will my body know it took in that many calories, and not make me feel hungry too much for the next couple of days?"

In my experience, not really.

But yeah, it's done. Forgive yourself, learn from it and move on. Get in lots of water and try to get in some workouts if you can. You'll feel better.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Don't beat yourself up over it. Do the best you can the rest of the day and move on.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #5  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

It looks like you have reached your goal and you said you are not trying to lose weight or count calories anymore. That is good, because, IMHO, you really set yourself up for failure by acting as the family baker.

It is almost impossible for someone to do that much baking (three desserts for a birthday party?) without eating a lot of what you are baking. At least it would be for me, with my love of sweets. I'd be sampling everything and would be in definite trouble and in risk of setting off continued dessert eating way after the party. Left overs? No problem. They would be gone!

It is true that you cannot undo what is done and that this will probably not affect your weight very much. But baking is obviously a very slippery slope for you and one that I would not venture down very often if I wanted to maintain my weight loss.

Sometimes we just have to outsmart ourselves.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Thanks everybody
I'm not too worried anymore, I think I just really wanted to hear support... but the thing is, I can't really control what I eat today. My mom will make sure I have dessert, or else she'll thik I'm starving myself. I can't go exercising either, since we'll have company pretty much all day...and tomorrow we won't be able to go to they Y either >.<

I had a scoop of vegan lasagna for lunch with a whole wheat roll. Later, I'll try small pieces of the two cakes I made, and after that- if I get hungry again, I'll just eat lettuce and spinach.

Mindy- gum chewing is a good idea, but I don't really like gum, and most of it either has gelatin (not-vegan) or aspartame or sorbitol :\
I'm usually really good about not binging when I bake, but I guess I didn't feel right wasting the burnt ones..

Tomorrow I'll eat lighter- no sweets (except fruit), and mainly nutritious veggies to make up for all these empty calories.
I'll be able to laugh about it soon- I have done worse binging, but never with sugary-cup cakes. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't trying to cut out excess sugar (to help with stomach problems..)
But I'll live :P
And they did taste good! (besides the burnt parts)

Last edited by MeganTheMushroom; 07-31-2010 at 04:24 PM.
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote