Old 07-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Struggling with motivation

I have been slowly losing weight since January. I am currently stalled I feel like I am losing and gaining the same 3 lbs.....I am having a hard time staying motivated and not say...okay today I will have an off day and can eat badly or today was stressful/frustrating so it is okay to go eat something greasy/chocolate/fatty?

Any suggestions on how to stay motivated/regain motivation?
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #2  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

i just think to myself, is it worth it now o throw in the towel? like if i'm having a craving at 5 oclock, and i've been good all day, i just say to myself that my whole day of being good would be in vain if i gave up now. i think about how far i've come, and that i will feel good about my decision to not give up later on.
happyveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

ducktape i have trouble w motivation sometimes, too. i also started in jan, steadily losing about 1-1.5lb per week, and lost 24lbs in 19 weeks. woohoo!! i felt great! Then I went on vacation for 10 days and lost sight of what I was doing, and ate whatever I wanted the WHOLE time. Over the next month and a half I ate pretty well for the most part, but also ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it, and I slowly gained 3-4lbs back.

Not ok w me. I recommitted to my lifestyle change about a month and a half ago, but for more than a week I found it far too easy to just eat whatever I wanted...again...until one morning when I found myself eating ice cream for breakfast. there i was with my lack of motivation allowing old bad habits to run amuck.

I have now been OP for 4 weeks: staying around 1200-1500cals a day, exercising 3-5x a week, and drinking lots of water. much to my chagrin, I lost 3 whole lbs the first week of being back OP only to see the scale jump back up and stay up the next week. I decided at the end of week 2 that I'm OVER weighing in and I'm simply going to live well for the sake of living well, which includes the afore-mentioned plan. I even allow for treats in my calorie-range (last night for dessert I had a york peppermint patty. freaking yum!). I haven't weighed for 2 weeks, and I'm not planning on weighing until Sunday (July weight loss challenge, gotta know if I hit my mini goal!).

What keeps me going now is the idea that, in theory, if I had paid better attention a few months back, I probably would have continued losing 1-1.5lb per week. And I never would have gained those 3-4lbs. I would be that much closer to goal. I'm going to my cousin's wedding next week, and I'll be out of my comfort zone for a whole 5 days. I'm already starting to make plans to make sure I stay OP. I want to reach my ultimate goal THIS YEAR and the only way to do that is to do this. you know? I want it sooo bad.

I guess you just need to ask yourself how bad you want it, why you want it, and what you're willing to do to get yourself there. I hope this helped... how bout another
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #4  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

My motivation are skinny jeans.. I've never in my whole life been able to fit in to designer jeans.. I mean like American Eagle jeans or abercrombie jeans.. true religion.. etc.

also my other motivation is California. My boyfriend wants to take me to Disney Land and Universal Studios, but I know at 200 pounds I don't think I could do it. let alone fit in to the rides.. plus i know its gonna be hot and i want to wear shorts, but my legs are so fat every time i wear shorts my thighs rub together and they ride up and then i get a rash on the inside of my thighs.. what a pain! Thats my motivation I dont want my thighs to rub together anymore and I want to buy a nice awesome pair of jeans.. just one pair.. I'm kinda poor, but i thats what I want.
JessicaRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Duck- I hear ya! This month has been SO HARD for me. I started out really really well doing 2 sometimes 3 workouts in one day. I was eating right. But TOM hit me hard and I never seemed to bounce back. I am just now getting my butt back in gear but still not there yet with the workouts again. So I don't know that I am really the greatest person for advise but you are not alone! The thing that is getting me going again is 3FC and the fact that I had gained 4 lbs!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Guys!
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote