Old 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/160

Height: 5'3

Question I would never give up ____________!

I know we are all here to create new healthy lifestyles and rock out a fit body... but life can't be all about loosing weight and counting calories its about living and enjoying life too! Its all about balance and moderation

I have decided that I will never give up...

* Having a cold beer now and then... especially on a patio down town - its just awesome!

* Coffee... I am pretty sure I am addicted and I dont care.

* I will never give up randomly hanging out with my sister or family just to go to the gym (it can wait until tomorrow)!

* Mini-eggs... seriously, I cant wait for easter!

So what would you never give up?
ChevysandSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I can never give up all bad food. It's about moderation in my book!

I also love coffee. Hmm...maybe an afternoon pick-me-up is in my future...

Sleeping in. There are days when I should get up to work out, but I love sleeping too much!

mini-chocolate eggs?
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

P.S. I totally feel like I'm stalking you
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/190/160

Height: 5'3

ha ha no worries about stalking.. usually its me doing that!

Yeh, mini eggs are little chocolate eggs with a candy outter shell... yum!

I totally feel the same about sleeping in... comfy bed or sweating and working out?? hmm... tough call! ha
ChevysandSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #5  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I will never give up...

the occasional biscuits and gravy, because they are delicious!

diet soda and diet cherry limeaide

cheese

the occasional cheat meal! They keep me sane.

keeping my health a priority but still living!

that's about it...
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #6  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I was totally going to start a thread like this today! Sometimes I feel like I post too much, though, so I'm glad you did!

I would never give up.....

Regular peanut butter. I know, it's awful for me and full of junk...but I love it so get off me about the peanut butter already!

Regular mayonnaise. See above.

Razzles. (The candy that turns into gum. I blame the movie 13 Going on 30 for this particular addiction.)

S'mores when camping.

Sleeping too much on the weekend.

(So all but one of mine are food related...that says a lot about me! Lol)
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

It is kind of funny because at the start of my weight loss journey, I would have thought that I'd never give up about 90% of the things I have. Would I have ever in a million years thought that I'd end up a vegan (and a happy one at that?), definitely not. So I am a little hesitant to give some END ALL BE ALL things, but it seems fun, haha, so I'll list a few that as of right now, I can't imagine going without

1. Sleeping in, sorry morning workouts, but I just can't seem to get myself up and going in the morning. Believe me, I've tried. That being said on the few occasions that I've actually made it out of my bed and to the gym in the AM I've loved it. Alas, I also love my sleep. I'm a college student, I have to get it when I can.

2. The occasional drink. I don't plan on getting plastered on a nightly basis, but every now and again it is really fun, I won't lie.

3. Vegan baking. And I see absolutely no reason why I should
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/129/127

Height: 5'2

I would never give up carbs (the healthy carbs in whole grains) . . . . tried it several times and it made me cranky and loopy.

I'm with ya on the coffee

Oh and chocolate is not going anywhere either lol
MandaLynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

Through my journey, I discovered, I can give up ALL of my favorite foods to achieve my weight loss goal. It just helped make things black and white, to have SAFE and DO NOT TOUCH foods and there was no mistaking one for the other.

But in learning to maintain my weight loss, I am learning that I don't have to give up ANY of them. I made a sugar-bomb of a cake over the weekend for my cake decorating class, and I brought it in to work yesterday to share with everyone. I calculated the calories for each slice and decided I could fit in half of a slice into my calorie allowance. So I had my cake and ate it too!

So... the one thing I won't give up is my daily dessert (whether it's cake or a SF popsicle or a cookie).
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

I would never give up chocolate... I don't need it each day, just occasionally.
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174.5/163.6/125

Height: 5'3"

I could never give up cashews... What the cookie monster is to cookies, I am to cashews.
Chubzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #12  

Hehe, seems like a lot of us are on the same page with COFFEE. So, naturally, that's where I'll start my little list.

1) Coffee - Not that I'm heavily addicted... I can function just fine without. I'd just prefer not to.

2) Cheese - Not now. Not ever. I've always been a cheese addict, to the point that I was nicknamed "Mouse" in my younger years. I do enjoy it in moderation though, now.

3) A couple of beers, or the occasional glass of wine with friends. It's rare that we all have the time to meet up, so my drinking is very rare anyways. But a cold beer after a long hot day... yeah, that's here to stay.

4) Spending time with my boyfriend. Due to school, I live about an hour north of my boyfriend. With school and us both working jobs with hectic schedules it can be hard to pencil in some quality time. The gym, other errands, etc. can always wait 'til tomorrow!

5) Loving myself. I love myself, no matter what my size. As I venture further into weight-loss, and being healthy, I have resolved that I will not put myself under a magnifying glass. I don't want to dissect what's "wrong" with me. I just would really like to slim down a bit, be more active, and make better food choices!
Foxlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #13  

I will never give up...

1) Going out with my friends and drinking every once in awhile. I have a 21st birthday coming up and I FULLY intend to celebrate it.

2)Any food really. Nothing is off limits. Just in moderation and smaller portions. I <3 me some pizza! And a big ol' fried breakfast a few times a year

3)The occasional lazy day: sleeping in, lazing on the couch watching tv or movies. Preferably cuddling with a honey
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #14  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I would never give up..

1) Cheese! I love cheese. Just gotta make sure I weigh it and point it properly.
2) Diet coke. Its 0 points anyways! :P
3) Going out and drinking with my friends. No way.
4) Having the occasional lazy day. I feel its what keeps me going.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

OMG I almost fell in the floor reading this! Mini eggs are like the one sweet thing around the holidays that I can't give up! LOL unfortunately they have now made all colors for all holidays so I now have them at Christmas and Easter- but I only buy a couple tiny bags and put them in the freezer until I can really enjoy them

Wine for me, just learning moderation now... Ive been in the process for years now... but I never give up ;0)
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote