Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #1  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Default Ate a whole chocolate bomb... but...

So tonight I had a whole chocolate bomb. For those who've never made this treat's acquaintance it's about the size of a giant cupcake and consists of the bottom part of a chocolate cupcake topped with a huge mound of chocolate cream (like the kind they put in donuts) and then coated in melted gourmet chocolate bark. It has like a gazillion calories. So, um, yeah, I ate a whole one. BUT, I stopped there. A small victory, but a victory none the less. I didn't eat it and then go hog wild on the rest of the contents of my fridge. I didn't eat it and then feel incredibly guilty or sorry for myself. I didn't eat it then throw it back up. I ate it, and I'm getting back on plan tomorrow. I'll even cut down a bit on my daily calories until I've made up for the unintended (albeit delicious) derailment from my plan. I just had to share this small but not insignificant triumph over my binge eating habit, and this seemed like the place to do it.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #2  
just me

S/C/G: 327/277/185

Height: 6'1"

That is definitely a great victory. I used be the type of person who would allow myself a treat like that, then follow it up with a bag of chips, a can of pepsi, anything and everything I could continue to shove down my throat.

Binging was horrible.

My new motto is, I don't have to be perfect, just make better choices. IT sounds like you made a great choice to have ONE treat and stop.

GREAT JOB!
wickky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

Well today I made weight watchers brownies and thought that was a good idea. It definitely wasn't I kept sneaking into the kitchen and grabbing one until I've had 3 today. Not good. Very stupid on my part. I'm not a binge eater, but once I get on a roll and mess up that's usually when I'd throw in the towel and say "Guess I've failed at weight loss again" and would go back to my old habits.

I'm not doing that this time and I'm proud of you for stopping there! Congrats!!
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #4  
banned

Um, that does sound delicious... So, congrats on having a treat and then getting back 'on the wagon'. That takes a lot of mind-power!
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Congrats, and great attitude! ^^
It's nice to take those diet-breaks anyway, they help you keep your sanity :P
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #6  

Height: 4'11"

Nice!! I'm glad you enjoyed your treat and stopped there. Actually, I enjoy my treats MORE when I eat them and then stop there!! I'm happy for you!
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #7  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Good job on stopping at one!!

One thing I've become aware of on my journey....

I used to be so annoyed by the way the "skinnies" would get so excited over a special treat. I didn't feel the same way & since I was fat, I didn't really know why I didn't join in their ooohs and ahhhhs. If we were going out for a work lunch celebration, they would act like they were out of their minds when the big dessert would come to the table.

I didn't feel that way because I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

Since I've been on my journey, I've noticed myself acting like one of those annoying skinnies. (not calling myself skinny, but you know what I mean)

I have learned to slow down and enjoy the "treats", because that is what they are~a treat, a once-in-awhile treat.

My husband bought breadsticks from my favorite pizza place recently and I concentrated on not overeating or inhaling them (as was my prior practice). I took one breadstick and slowly, mindfully ate it. Enjoying the bite, enjoying the taste~not stuffing it in only to stuff in the next; not stuffing it in and washing it down with a drink to make it go down faster.

I was satisfied with the breadstick and I felt in control while enjoying the treat.
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #8  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations for eating the dessert and not going into a binge/purge cycle. It doesn't sound like a binge. Instead, it sounded like eating a high calorie dessert, much like other people do once in a while.

I fully intend to allow desserts into my eating plan once in a while. I'm not quite where you are at though. I'm struggling with binges. Last night, I drank a couple of beers & had an entire container of meringue cookies & a big bag of pita chips instead of dinner

I was so sick this morning.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

knowing what it is like to eat a high calorie treat and then follow it up with ONE of EVERY SINGLE high calorie treat in the house--i am proud of you!

way to go on eating one solitary chocolate bomb--and not feeling driven or compelled to eat anything else!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #10  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

I think you made a great choice! Maybe you needed to have that chocolate bomb in order to not feel deprived. And to stop after that is really an achievement.

I am a definite chocoholic so the chocolate bomb sounds so good. I have a birthday in September, and I am planning on going to my favorite restaurant and having a yummy piece of chocolate cake - and then I'm going right back on my program. I'm not going to feel guilty and I will weigh in that week no matter what.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Last edited by doingmybest; 07-29-2010 at 01:32 AM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote