Old 07-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default one pound and one inch

My way of weighing in is to not only step on the scales on Saturday morning but also measure my waist. I have been eating 1600 calories a day and in the first week lost one pound and one inch. I was unable to resist weighing in every day and the scale went up and down all week. I am wondering if I should trust that I really lost this pound (obviously I have to trust the inch!!).

Also, should I cut my calories and try to lose more than one pound a week. I need to lost a total of 20 pounds and would like to be at goal by next summer. My fear is that if I cut my calories too low, then I will freak out and get hungry and have a major eating binge.

I would appreciate advice. I have only been doing this a week so I know I definitely have a lot that I need to learn.

Thanks.
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #2  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Charmtime, congratulations on your success! I find it takes experimenting to know how to balance the calorie plan and eating schedule so that I get sleeker and not have to deal with appetite or hunger very much.

I don't think I am qualified to recommend more or fewer calories to anyone, but I do know that I have to eat less than the online calculators state, in order to lose or maintain weight. There are many threads in the maintenance section of 3FC on this subject.

If you're interested, you could do an advanced search in the Living Maintenance section with +calories +metabolism +lose, or something similar.

I'm so glad you're having such success.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I guess I am just kind of scared that maybe this is too good to be true. Like next week...instead of going from 149 to 148, the scale will read something like 152. I have only exercised a few times and not with much intensity.

Just having a little self-doubt maybe.
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote