Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker'135

Height: 5'4"

Default Leisure swimming - almost 400 calories?

I've been using the Lose It app on my Ipad and was updating it. Today is not a gym day, but we are heading out to the pool for a few hours. I never thought of that as excercise before, but I was dinking around in the Lose It app and it has leisure swimming listed as 393 calories for an hour. Think that sounds right? If so, yippee! right?

I will be exhausted by the end, more so than if I'd put in an hour at the gym with my trainer. Keeping track of 4 kids at a huge and busy pool, carrying at least one most all the time, crawling around on my knees in the 3 - feet depth, holding 2 kids on a tube and leading them around the lazy river, throwing kids across the pool, catching at the bottom of the slide and pushing them to the ladder... Sounds like normal motherhood to me, but is it legit to put it down for excercise? I feel so guilty! LOL!!

Yes - I'm very new to this counting calories thing. I thought it might help me be more disciplined in my eating and it is definitely motivating me to be at the gym more and do more while I'm there.

ETA - thank goodness you can edit your posts on this site! I had a bunch of typos there. Wonder how many more I missed?

Last edited by HeyChelle; 07-13-2010 at 04:10 PM.
HeyChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sounds right to me- my half hour walk with little resistance burns 300 calories.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote