Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Summer Fun - 2nd Summer after WLS

Where do I begin.....This is my second summer after WLS surgery!!! Whooie!

I've tent camped from Ohio to Gettysburg, Pa. thru Ohio, W. Va., Maryland, to Pa and back. Here is a girl who couldn't even sleep in her own bed because of obesity and joint problems. I've had a terrible time with my back all summer and finally went to the doctor and of course I need surgery (Heck NO! they want to fuse my back where I bend!), and they found that area where the nerve comes out of my spine has been distorted because of arthritis and is pressing on my nerve, so I'm in constant pain, am considering a nerve block, but........mostly I'm just learning to live with it. Have my whole life. For those who have never had back pain.....I hope you never do and for those who have it......I'm so sorry! The pain is pretty constant and I refuse to take any drugs. Camping and driving with back problems is pretty interesting.....but better to do it at 165 pounds rather than 323 pounds. You do what you gotta do!

I'm walking around with a broken little right toe! Ouch. Missed the dog and got the coffee table! Looks like a fat sausage!

I turned 59 June 11, and my granddaughter informed me that I'm almost '99' and got me a birthday card that said "Happy Birthday, I smell old people!" LOL! I look 90, but feel about 30y/o!

We have a young 16 y/o niece who had a new baby and we will be doing guardianship of the baby until the niece turns 18 y/o. I have asked her to keep the baby through the summer until she gets a job or goes back to school to understand that this isn't "playing house" and raising a young child is hard work. I'm really thrilled to say that she is really doing quite well. I hope that her love for this child will be constant and that when school starts, I will only be a "babysitter." The baby is now two weeks old and I had her overnight this weekend. Hmmmm, haven't had a newborn for quite a while and what the heck is it with all of the choices of formula!!!!! LOL!!! I nursed all of my kids.

I have my two younger grandchildren 12 hours a day, we swim, bicycle, walk, play, garden, homeschooling and are doing piano and golf lessons. No grass growing under my feet. Got plenty of time to rest when I'm dead!

Other than that....not doing much!!! LOL!!!! All of this is because I'm thinner, healthier and motivated to make up for all those years of obesity.

Weight: Maintenance is HECK! While we were on vacation, I lost about 8 pounds. I don't feel well when I get down in the 150s. I started consistantly going up to 173 in the winter because of bad habits and not a regular exercising plan. My DH has gained back 11 of his pounds after two years and we cut everything out that is white and no in between meal stuff. I heard him rooting around for chocolate that other night and laughed because grandkids took all that stuff back home. I've found unless I plan a menu out for the week, it is a lot easier to go the carbier way. I finally quit all diet coke......I've switched to Crystal lite, 1 cup of ice, and blend that up in my Ninja and have an icee. I still have trouble with being so cold and haven't turned the air on yet and my family hate me. I can't stand it when my fingers shut down and I'm frozen.

Hope you are all doing well, and hello to all the newbies. I don't get a lot of time to sit at the computer and miss hearing about you all. You newbies.....learn good eating habits the first year, don't cheat, take your vites and do what the doctor's tell you.

Last edited by nanj; 07-05-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Darn Spelling!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Nan! I wanna hug you You're awesome
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Yipee GD learned to swim today!!!! Did you know loose skin floats??? First time in over two years that my 36 longs were above my waist!!!! LOL!!

Hi Ko! Got my purple room ready? Boy is it hot here. I'm loving it and actually sweat today!!! I still have trouble getting in an out of the pool because circulation shuts down in my fingers, but it was so nice to play with the kids today. I can't get my head in the water because of my new eardrum, and my little Pyper (GD) was like a guard dog and warning everyone not to splash my ear!!!! LOL!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  
Inkdiva

S/C/G: 235/235/180

Height: 5'6"

You are living proof of what a difference attitude can make! I love hearing about amazing people! I'm glad I stumbled across this post, it made me laugh and improved my outlook. Have a great day/summer/year/life. But then, you already are, aren't you?
inkdiva is offline   Reply With Quote