Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Exclamation Too much sodium

I didnt get off track today but i was counting my food on livestrong and noticed I had a lot of sodium. Is there anything thats good for flushing per say?? Like if i drink a lot of water does that help??
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Potassium will help get rid of extra sodium in your body. Some foods high in potassium are bananas, orange juice, potatoes, canteloupe.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

water flushes help me, so will a light diuretic like lemon in my water.

I also put my food into livestrong and it was high on sodium, although I don't think I had that much. I'm super sensitive to salt and can feel it and I'm not feeling it today. Also, some of the foods I picked were already pre-entered into Livestrong's db and they were close to what I had so I picked it. Like the lasagna I made - I cook with low sodium foods, including low sodium tomato sauce but since there wasn't one in the database I selected regular canned tomato sauce, and that makes the sodium content appear higher. Same with the pulled pork I had for dinner last night - I made it in my crock with low sodium broth and other items, but the LS db doesn't have that as an option.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Livestrong tells me I am over on everything. At first it frustrated me, but I started ignoring all those red numbers and just paying attention to my calories at the top.

I eat an egg in the morning and I have had too much cholesterol - I am usually over my sodium and I honestly don't think I eat that much. By the of the lunch I have had too much protein and almost too much fat. Not enough carbs *sigh* It makes my head hurt. lol

Last edited by sotypical; 06-24-2010 at 07:16 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

yea. same for me. thanks ladies
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote