Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #1  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Question What do you think I should do ?

Ok here is the deal..... Im 230 lbs and right now im doing Zumba at the gym Tues and Thurs nights
I tried doing yoga last night and had to walk out there was to much getting on the floor off the floor going on for me
So I have Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.. It says do level 1 10 days (no rest) then Level 2 the next 10 days (no rest) then level 3 the last 10 days

So should I do that with my Zumba or
Plan B
There is a boot camp at my Gym it runs 3 days a week for 4 weeks It's intense 1 hour session's I have taken it twice before and lost nthing ( I quit smoking and not so good on diet while doing it last time ) It cost $20.00

I just want to start feeling better im on week 2 whole food eating ( well best i cant with stores and money)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
(sorry if it's all over the place i was rushing when typing )
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

How difficult is zumba? I've been wanted to try it, but I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up with that. Maybe I'm a wimp, but I would keep doing the zumba and go with something easier than 30 day shred. I would add in some walking videos. If I were you, I'd be worried about burnout.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm...well, you best know your abilities.
I work out at home with dvds because I don't like the gym atmosphere. You might like that-???
30 day shred killed my knees, but others have had success with it and love it.
So, really you've gotta find out what you like and what you can stick with.

If you need the gym atmosphere to give you a push, then go for it.
If you can do it at home, then save the money (and buy more workout dvds-lol).
Really, either way will be good, it's what you can stick with.

Best wishes
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I love bootcamp classes, but you make of it what you put into it. And, my favorite quote out of bootcamp. Its not about the hour of exercise a day, its about what you put in your mouth the other 23 hrs of the day....

Here's an option for you. Do Jillian's shred, but on the days of Zumba, skip the Jillian workout and do Zumba instead. That is, if you can handle Jillian's workout. From the reviews I've read, its pretty tough and it getting up and down for Yoga isn't your cup o' tea, then Jillian might not either.

Or you could do both Zumba and Bootcamp and work up to 5 days a week workouts. $20 is not bad, Bootcamp here is $65.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

If you have Shred, then I would stick with that AS WELL AS with Zumba.
You can decide if you want to take a break from the Shred on the days that you do Zumba - I probably would. Mind you, our Zumba instructor was working us really hard so it was a major cardio session.
No need to pay for the Boot Camp since you already have the Shred. Do the Shred and if you still want to, you can then do the Boot Camp. That would be my personal recommendation.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #6  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnkymonkey View Post
I love bootcamp classes, but you make of it what you put into it. And, my favorite quote out of bootcamp. Its not about the hour of exercise a day, its about what you put in your mouth the other 23 hrs of the day....

Here's an option for you. Do Jillian's shred, but on the days of Zumba, skip the Jillian workout and do Zumba instead. That is, if you can handle Jillian's workout. From the reviews I've read, its pretty tough and it getting up and down for Yoga isn't your cup o' tea, then Jillian might not either.

Or you could do both Zumba and Bootcamp and work up to 5 days a week workouts. $20 is not bad, Bootcamp here is $65.
It's actually $ 120.00 I forgot the hundred LOL

And thanks ladies I think im going to do the shred and zumba

And FCMONROE it is so much FUN we have ladies from size zero all the way to 400 lbs there is nothing to be afraid of
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #7  

Quote:
( I quit smoking and not so good on diet while doing it last time )
Diet is 80% of the equation of fat loss... Keep your diet clean and you'll lose faster
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #8  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

If you have problems getting down and up off the floor, that will be an issue with 30 Day Shred. I modify some of her exercises with an exercise ball to minimize that.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote