Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Set a goal...then SMASH it!!

This morning I did not feel like running. I usually run intervals for an hour. Today I decided 20 minutes of running without pause was not only enough, it was plenty. So that is what I set out to do. I ran for one full hour without stopping!! I ran four miles, my longest run yet and it felt darn good!!! (55 minutes of running to be honest...I warmed up with a 5 minute walk and the treadmill forces you to cool down after an hour then has to reset itself and you're basically at a stand still for at least 30 seconds while it figures itself out). So four miles in 55 minutes...a little slow but I don't care! I smashed my goal for the day!

So what goal do you have in mind for today? It can be anything...walk the dog, drink X glasses of water, weed the back garden, organize the kitchen...what is it? Now go out and smash it...and report back, of course.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That sounds great! Awesome job!

My goal for today is survive... I have 8 kids here and it could be dicey

But really I aim to stay on plan and do my WATP dvd. We have a forest fire raging near us and walking outside is OUT of the question.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

My plan for today is get out in the pool and do leg kicks for ten minutes (it's a round above ground pool so laps aren't an option). Swimsuit is on, just have to grab a bottle of water and spray on some sunscreen and get out the door. I'm going I'm going.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

As it is mid 90's here today, my walking will be on indoor track, which means I'll be incorporating some running. However my goal is to try to find an hour on that track that does not include having to deal with the teenagers who stroll 3 wide on the track (or just stand there). The staff at the Y will get them off the track, but they'll often sneak back on as soon as official backs are turned.

Can you tell the heat is making me cranky??

Last edited by caryesings; 06-22-2010 at 10:24 AM.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #5  

Bah. Couldn't swim today. It's raining. I just got out the door and it started. Aiming for 15 minutes of cardio on the wii. Just eating my breakfast first.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #6  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Well done on smashing your goal, that's a great run!
My goal today was to up my recovering speed on the treadmill for my interval workout by .1kph. I did my five recovery intervals at the increased speed, PLUS I increased the speed on two of my faster intervals by .2kph and one of them by .3kph! Not much to some, but it sure feels great to me to run faster and not die lol. When I think back to January I could barely do three 1min runs, let alone even think of being able to run 30mins non-stop. Today I did 30mins non-stop, and at a higher average speed than ever before!
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

That's amazing! I admire so much people who run!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #8  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on exceeding your goal.

My exercise goal today was to put on some music and move. I did it! For 45 minutes I danced around the room doing aerobic moves, calesthenics and a little weight lifting with my dumbells. I huffed and puffed and sweated! It felt so good! I feel energetic which is a change from feeling exhausted!!! The last time I did something aerobic to this extent was before I dropped the 20 pounds - I took a fitness class three times a week for one month. Didn't lose a pound because I didn't change my eating - and felt like dying everytime I left. I think when I have the money again I am going to take the class again. I anticipate it being much different next time around!!

The swimming and walking I have been doing recently don't compare to what I did today, but the swimming has been great anyway.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #9  

I did my work out on the wii, cardio boxing and dancing on the EA Sports Active game, as well as some toning with my 3 pound free weights. I ended up working out for 25 minutes, 10 minutes more than I set out to do. I feel great! Thank you for this mini challenge Eliana
Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #10  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

My goal today was to do Slim in 6, WATP, and go to the gym to hit the elliptical and the bike. I also wanted to burn at least 3,000 calories for the day. I have done all 3 workouts and I am at 2,787 calories and it's only 5:30, so I'll be way past 3,000 by midnight
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

It's been a goal smashing day!! I'm so glad!

I scoured the bottom of my shower today. Still can't tell, but it was a goal. We bought this house in October and I hate my shower. It will not come clean!! But it's my only complaint, so we're good.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #12  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

I'm heading out the door soon to swim laps at the city pool. It's very relaxing because the pool will be closed and the only people there will be the water aerobics and lap swim people. I'm going to try to swim at least 5 laps without a pool noodle. I couldn't do that 4 years ago which is the last time I tried swimming laps. I'll do as many as I can without using the noodle, and then use the noodle for the rest to swim at least a total of 45 minutes. - oh, and I'm wearing a tankini for the first time ever (for that matter, first time back in a swimsuit in 3 years!)
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote