Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Default It WORKS!

So many times, I've tried to lose weight. So many times, I've just given up after losing 5lbs. So many times it just feels silly and like it isn't attainable.... '

But, for the past couple months, I keep getting up and going back to the gym. Everyday, I keep reminding myself of my goals. Everyday, I log into 3FC. Everyday, I tell myself to be content with my green tea/water/crystal light and skip the soda... Everyday, I mark down my weight. Every 2 weeks, I do a set of measurements.

AND... everyday the scale is just a little lower than it was the day before. Sometimes only by .2 or .4lbs, but everyday, little by little - it gets better.

I'm slowly starting to LOOK FORWARD to my time at the gym. Its my chance to be alone, to listen the music I want to listen to or catch up with an audiobook. My complexion is getting better. My flexibility is getting better. I feel more agile in everyday things. This IS an attainable goal. Losing weight isnt impossible, and heck - its not even that hard - it just takes dedication and persistence.

This DOES work, I *AM* losing weight and as long as I keep going back to that gym, I will continue to lose weight!

For everyone that is struggling - just keep going back! It DOES happen!
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #2  
Amazing will be me

Well done for finding your motivation, ive JUST found mine the past fes weeks which has took me a while , i no longer feel like im on a diet etc ,,,,my frame of mind has changed since ive became more commited to exercise.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Good Job! Keep it up! I know i really need to start exercising. Thanks for the motivation.

Last edited by kendra; 06-15-2010 at 06:31 PM.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

This made me smile
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #5  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I am right at that stage too! I've lost nearly the same amount of weight (I only weigh myself every other week, so probably pretty close to where you are), and I have really found my motivation too. It seems almost like magic how this is working for me, when all else I have tried has not. I'm in a phase where the pounds are coming off and it doesn't seem like it is that hard either--though I can see how I will have more difficult times. Congratulations on your dedication and hard work! You're (we're) going it!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #6  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

Congrats that u r at that stage now. It only keeps getting better and what I like to do it take pics once a month so I can look back at my progress. That really helps me stay motivated.
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote