Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/230/170

Height: 5'2

Default Nothing seems to help bulging stomach

I do not have the muffin top... I have the big stomach that starts bulging out right underneath my ribs... my shirts hang over it. I've exercised, weights,, sitsups,, lunges,,, lots of walking and everywhere else on me is loosing inches... but the stomach.

I'm ready to call the doctor and tell him to cut it off... it's huge, disgusting and doesn't budge.

Has anyone found any exercise that works?
candlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #2  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

You can't exercise away your bulging stomach. While you have probably built some muscle under the fat, what's making your stomach stick out is simply fat. You have to lose the fat to lose the stomach.

It takes patience and time, and it can be a while until you begin to see major differences in your midsection. However, if you are diligent and consistent about sticking to your healthy diet and creating a calorie deficit over the long-term, then it will happen.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #3  
Amazing will be me

mine started to do this once i put 2stone on. I found that watching what i ate and exercise (fat burning) helped.

Toaning exercises and crunches dont help us with bellys as all it does is bulks the muscle under the stomach and makes it appear bigger, this could be whats happening ............only do cardio and fat burning untill youv lost your belly.

I aslo find my belly bumges if im retaining water, this happens r ive ate naughty food over the weekend due to all the salt , when this happens i take herbal water retention tablet ( these help ALOT) and my belly goes down.

Lower your salt intake and keep to a healty diet and youll get there GOOD LUCK
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #4  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
Toaning exercises and crunches dont help us with bellys as all it does is bulks the muscle under the stomach and makes it appear bigger, this could be whats happening ............only do cardio and fat burning untill youv lost your belly.
Having toned abdominal and other core muscles will NOT "bulk" the muscle enough to push the stomach out and make an individual appear fatter. Conversely, having a toned core will actually help with the belly issue because posture will improve and when one is standing the abdominal muscles can be used to suck in the belly somewhat...thus presenting a slimmer-looking figure.

I strongly urge anyone to NOT neglect strength-training in the quest for a smaller belly. It's extremely effective for fat loss (probably more so than any type of aerobic/cardio/"fat burning" exercise) and will help you lose size and firm up while losing weight.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Here it is! This thread was fun!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...ut-torsos.html
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote