Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/210/150

Default I am new here :)

Hello All,

I am new to this site. I joined years ago but never really posted until now. I had Lap Band surgery Jan 12, 2009. When I started my journey I weighed 298 pounds and I am currently at 209.9.

I have a realize band that can hold 10 CC's and I am currently at 8.3 cc's in my band.

It isn't as easy as people thinks, it is still hard work. I try to exercise 4 to 5 times a week.

Any tips or ideas to help with my weight loss will be appreciated.

Thanks Lisa
LisaRagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

nice to meet you, LisaR!!! looks like you're doing really well with your realize band. what's been working for you?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:26 AM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Good to see you here! Great place for support, fo sur.

Here are some tips I find important.

-www.livestrong.com/myplate writing it all down helps me stay honest both in what and how much I eat. (I have a hard time getting enough food in...never thought I would be THAT person! hehe)

-Be kind to yourself. Loving who you are right now keeps you focused on the goal. If you don't truly believe you deserve the best, its harder to give it to yourself.

-Come here and share. I find it helped to stay focused on the good things in my life when I am helping other people. Here we all can do that. Supporting others provides its own form of support for me...funny, but true.

-exercise can be a challenge but add music for inspiration...drink plenty of water...get outside as much as the weather will allow, it changes the feeling of exercise...go to the gym at least once a week, mix things up (other then just say...taking a long walk every day)

I hope that is helpful! Good luck to you and come back here often!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 06-08-2010 at 03:28 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Lisa,

Congrats on the band and the success so far. I agree, its not as easy as people think, thats why we continue to tell people its a tool, not a cure.

I'm really glad your hear with us

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote