Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 10:16 PM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Wham-Bam Wednesday

Well, maybe not quite Wednesday, but Tuesday night is close enough, in my opinion. I haven't posted in awhile...been out of town and just doing a lot of struggling and soul searching with the whole WW deal. I just don't know if I can do this. When I fall off the wagon, it's so hard getting back on. And I fall off so much. I just don't know (tonight, anyway) if I can look forward to spending my whole life falling on my *** and pulling myself back up. I'm so tired of it. I don't mean to be negative, but these are the thoughts that spin around my head late at night and keep me from sleeping. I haven't been totally out of control with eating or anything, just not counting points and really not caring. I have been trying for over a month to motivate myself to get back on track, and I do..for like a day. Then the whole thing starts over again.

So, on a lighter note, the job is great. I have wonderful kiddos who run to hug me when they walk in the door, fight to sit next to me, and laugh so hard at my jokes that I'm tempted to tell them that I'll be here all week and not to forget to tip their bartender. Aaron is also doing wonderfully. He seems to learn a new word or skill every day, and has developed an attachment to my mom that supercedes even his attachment to me. It's funny and it makes her feel great, so I'm good with it...besides, nice break for me!

So, life's not all about me. Marcie, that's great about your engagement, I'm very happy for you both. The zoo sure made for a memorable engagement, I bet. Tell us about your ring! Lisa, you and Brian seem pretty joined at the hip these days. Have you worked out all your mixed feelings, or are you still just going with the flow, unsure of where the flow might be going? Jess, you are a workin' fool...do something for yourself. Your chili sounds dee-lish, can't wait to try it! Kier, are you getting back into the swing of classes? It's tough, after a long break, isn't it? Deb, you are the busiest girl I know...do something fun with Jeremy this weekend. How goes the househunting? Cat, where is my running buddy? I miss you, Nike woman! Tonya, hang in there honey...I'm right there with you in that whole I gotta get back into this thing. We'll lick this WW thing! To anyone I might have missed, I give you permission to slap me up and tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself long enough to get my scattered head together. So with this long and wordy start to your day, have a good one!!!
Old 09-25-2002, 07:39 AM   #2  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Good morning, girls!

I just finished reading through yesterday thread. Looks like I'm falling behind EVERYWHERE in my life - school, home & here (the one place I have fun). Gotta get it together.

Well, first things first:
CONGRATULATIONS, Marcie! What a sweet proposal. Do tell us about the ring (or better yet post a pix)!

Welcome, Jodi. I'm 26 too and very glad to have you join us.

Jenn it's so true about how fast you "show" when it's your second or third. But no matter what there is nothing like a pregnant woman. No woman, I think, looks better no matter what her size. I LOVED being pregnant. There are much more fashionable clothes out there too (thank God!). I love the GAP maternity & Old Navy Maternity - can't wait to wear them again some day.

Jayne, hang in there honey! You CAN do this! It takes time and it's frustrating. Try your best for now, and every day you'll get a little closer to being OP. Make 1 small change at a time and they will add up.

Wow ... Glad to hear everyone is doing good otherwise.
The fall is here officially and I can't think of a better way to have spent it than camping. The trip was great and my friend & I had such a great time (did I tell you guys that we opted out on kayaking and went shopping in a little town about 20 miles away?) very relaxing & well needed. And what a quaint little town.
I've got a pix to post from it. And at least 1 pix to post from Jeremy's birthday party @ the farm.

OK ... I'm off to get ready for today.

I will post from work. I'm doing almost nothing today @ work I vow (yea, right!).
I know I have SCHOOLWORK to catch up on for tonight's class. Nothing like being under the gun ...

Ta-ta!
Old 09-25-2002, 08:40 AM   #3  

The ring is very simple, but elegant solitare. It is a 3/4 carat round brilliant diamond in a tiffany style setting. A tiffany setting is a fairly thin band with a 6 prong setting. I have a yellow gold band and platinum setting. I wear much more yellow gold than anything, so he did a great job picking it out. The ring was just a bit small, so we took it to get sized and they were finished in an hour! I guess they do a lot of those. Our digital camera doesnt take very good close up shots, but we are going to try some pics of the ring today. If anything works I will post it.

Today is clean the house and work in the yard day. What a way to spend a vacation day! If we finish in time we may do something fun this afternoon, but since Matt doesnt get up until 10:00 I am guessing we wont have much extra time. He has class tonight too.

I am off to do my 1 mile WATP dvd. Catch y'all later!
Old 09-25-2002, 08:52 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Marcie - Congratulations!

Deb - glad you enjoyed your camping trip.

Jayne - maybe when you fall off the wagon you shouldn't expect to jump on it again 100%. Try taking 3 or 4 days to regain 1 good habit like all your water, then add another one like getting all your fruits and veggies. Also, if you keep falling off because you are starving each time you try to get on try this....eat at at 2 or 3 pts above your max for a week, then at your max for a week, then start varying - might make it easier to get in the swing of things.

Wish I had time to respond to each of you but work is crazy. And I can't stay late 'cuz of the 2nd job.

Hope you each have a great day.

Laura
Old 09-25-2002, 09:04 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jayne - you can do it. You've helped everyone here get through tough times, and so let us know if there's anything we can do. But trust me, I know you can do it. Let me tell you... I tried and failed more times than I can count. Starting when I was 12. I've done HMR (a liquid starvation diet) two times, Jenny Craig four times, slim fast, NutriSystem, and WW 3 times. For 13 years I tried. It's the failing part that's tough.... but as long as you keep trying. I mean, at least if you're trying and not gaining.... if you stop trying, then instead of just not losing, you could be gaining. I think you can do it... I know you can really. The last time I joined WW my friends rolled their eyes.... like "not again." What was different this time? Who knows.... but it will be the last time. We all have so many things going on in our lives.... and WW will never come first. It shoudn't come first. Or even second or third. But there wil be times when we have more energy to focus on it. So I think it'll happen when all the stars are aligned. There are times when you're running around like a chicken with his head cut off... and WW will be pushed back in the list of priorities, as it should. But at some point, even if it's a few months at a time, there may be times when WW is a little more high up... when things aren't so crazy. Take advantage of those times and focus.... and then when things get crazy again, WW will be pushed back AGAIN, but maybe some of the habits you aquired will not require as much attention, they'll be almost second nature... and it won't be as taxing to stay on track. I have been rambling... but I know you can do it...

Deb - that's great you had so much fun. Cool.

Jodi - Welcome.. I am 26 too... but only for a few more days. COme back often!!!

Marcie - the ring sounds beautiful!

So - dinner wasn't great. I had a chicken burrito... and I'm WI today.. so I'm sure it won't be pretty. UGH. So I was helping Brian pack last night (he's moving closer to Boston - yay!) and we found some pictures of when he was younger... OUCH! What a hottie. He's still a hottie... don't get me wrong. But he was in much better shape back then. He got a little pouty about it. he was like.... don't look at those... you'll wish I still looked like that. What a silly boy... I obviously think he's attractive... I don't care. But he said that my accomplishments made him want to get back into shape too. So maybe we can be healthy together.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:06 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Laura - we were posting at the same time... great advice for Jayne. DON"T WORK TOO HARD!!!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:23 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WOW, lots of posts this morning.

Well, first off Jayne... We missed you. And yes you are allowed to fall of the wagon, we all do. I am not going to blab on and on because the others before me gave you the save advice/talk I would. Remember, losing weight will happen when you are truely ready in your heart. You have got to be the one that wants it. So when you are ready, it will happen. And until then, we can help you through the best we can!

Today Emma has daycare pics and of course she through the biggest fit of all time and cried the whole way there and even when I dropped her off. Hope that she takes a decent picture!!! She is wearing a dark denim a-line type dress with bright turquoise and teal flowers at the bottom. Her shirt matches the flowers, solid teal like color. And she is wearing white tights and black mary janes. Too cute, if she would stop crying.

We looked at more carpet again and I found some I like, I think. It is way more expensive than I thought it would be!!!! They are sanding the walls today and hopefully painting tomorrow. Then carpet may take a month to get installed, but it will be done!!!

Oh and My pants are tight and I feel yucky. I am going to try to go to the gym at lunch if it doesn't rain.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:55 AM   #8  

Good morning!

Jayne ~ Let me just say, I have no advice for you, because I am feeling EXACTLY the same way as you are. I just put on a pair of black dress pants I wore last spring, and they are tight, I have probably gained 15 pounds since the beginning of summer and as sad as it sounds, I don't care enough to do anything about it. It is really hard to get yourself back on the wagon, especially being off so long. I have to though, I am tired all the time, and feel fat....I agree with the girls though, I think for me getting back totally OP is too much of a task right now, so I think I will start with getting my water in this week, and next week tackle another goal. I think one of the real keys in staying OP is, if you have a bad meal or day, GET RIGHT BACK ON THE WAGON!!! The longer you are off the harder it is....Jayne. we can do this together along with the help of everyone else here!!!!! Hang in there!!!!

Jen ~ Emma sounds so cute, I loved dressing my DD when she was that age, now that she is 7, the clothes are still cute, but more Britney Spears style than Shirley Temple....that bothers me....we have many battles in the mornings!!! (The things you have to look forward to!!!!)

Lisa ~ Brian sounds like a pretty serious BF. He shouldn't let his old pictures bother him. I was looking at my DH's pics from our wedding, god, he was cute......had lots of hair.....has hardly any left now, but I love him just the same!

Laura ~ Don't work too hard girl!! Come back and post soon!!

Marcie ~ Your ring sounds so gorgeous, can't wait to see a pic! I love diamonds!!!

Deb ~ You are not posting as much as you were, I am sad!! Don't get too busy, and forget us!!! We must see a pic of Jeremy's birthday party. My son Nic (soon to be 4 years old next week) is having his party this weekend. It will be a Dinosaur themed bbq, we bought him a remote control T-rex, he is going to be soooo excited!!

Kier ~ I saw you posted yesterday after I left for the day, glad to see you in here and not buried by books!! Any cute guys on the horizon??

Jen2 ~ How is school coming along? I cant wait to start grad school in a few months, lots of work, but it is such a rewarding accomplishment to get another degree. What about you, and cute guys? Do you ever date anymore?? Make time for yourself!!!!

Hi Kim, I hope the wedding planning is going smoothly, come post!!!

Hi Belle ~ I am sorry you were so sad at your mom's, she is moving?? I am glad BF is supportive, that is an important trait for a BF/DH to have, he really seems like he has come a long way!

Hi Ali, Becky, Lori, Lolly (come back!!), Kirsty, Jodi, Jess (don't let the b**ches at work get to you!!!), KT, cat and everyone else I missed!!

Well, tonight I need to run to Sears and pick up my microwave for the new house, it has a rebate on it that I need to send in and need the serial number to do so, so I need to pick it up and store it somewhere. I also need to go grocery shopping for some good low point foods, not much around in the house.

I just found out one of the guys I work with (25 yrs old) just found out he has cancer in his lymph nodes, it is so sad, he is so young and just got married 6 months ago....makes you appreciate the life you have.....

Well, better look busy...be back in a bit!!!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:58 AM   #9  

Oh Jen, speaking of carpet, have you looked at "Freesa (pronouced "Friz-shae") carpet? It kind of has a shag look but is incredibly durable (like berber) but much comfier. We are putting it in our new house.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:06 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey Tonya... first of Lymphomia (sp) is a more treatable cancer. My mom suffered from Hodgkins (cancer in the lymph nodes) and she is in remission. So at least that is a positive.

And I did see the shag carpet, but we didn't think it would be good for the basement. We still have to replace the upstairs carpet in the next year, so maybe that will be a possibility. We are thinking very strongly about a shaved berber, I forget what it is called, but it has a pattern where it looks like berber, but then like a plush in some areas. It wears well, and the wear marks are hidden. Which is good with a dog as big as our because they can snag most carpets. Also, we were told that the more nylon in the carpet the more durable, but also more costly. I didn't realize that carpet would be as costly as it is (for the decent stuff that is).
Old 09-25-2002, 10:06 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default Hump day....

Hello girls!

First off, Jayne, don't think of it as falling off the wagon, b/c it isn't. Let me ask you this. When you "fall off" do you stilli think of it in the back ofyour mind? When you make choices, do you think what you "should" do?? If you do, then you aren't fallen - you still are WWing, but you aren't making the best choices. I find that, except for when I was in Thailand, and I hardly ate b/c of the heat, that I am always congnicent of WW, even if I choose to eat the large lasagna and chocolate milk. I am still aware, just ignoring it. So when I choose to make a good choice, I am back, so to speak. Look at it that way, it might be easier to get back on track when you make a series of bad choices (that includes not journaling, slackig off, not really paying attention to points, etc). And you are right, there are other things in your life that are important - don't let weight or weight loss dominate your life. It can be part of improving your life, but not taking over....you can do it!! Look at Ali or Kirsty - they did miraculously, and it wasn't always easy. Even now, at a thin weight, Ali has moments where she struggles. She is human, so are you. Make sure you don't forget your accomplishments and the other important things in your life....OK! Hang in there!!

Jodi, Jess and Deb - I am 26 too - 27 in February. I think our board is getting older, most of us are 25 and up (some in their 30's and that's OK too since we are the coolest thread on the board...)

Deb - it is way too cold here at night to camp, but I Love fall too - I love to be outside in the crisp air!

Marcie - your ring sounds beautiful. I would want something simple too - but in white gold, which is what I wear most. But if b/f got me yellow I'd be just as happy.....we are really happy for you! How long have you lived together?

Laura - poor thing, have a good second job....sigh.

Lisa - He was a hottie then too, eh? How old is he again? He's older, right? I think joint fitness is awesome. My b/f is really thin, but he isn't as fit as he was before we dated as he had a lot of free time and went to the gym. He wants to get back into shape too.

Actually, I joined a gym yesterday with my co-worker and I suggested that he joins too, even if just month to month (so he can quit at any time), b/c its on the way to work and he can go in the morning or immediately after work. I think he sleeps better and is happier when he does exercise (like when we bikeride) but he just doesnt' get arond to it and now he has started classes as well, so he is more busy...yikes.

I am pretty excited about hte gym though. The girl I am going with is a thin, very nice girl and committed. She will go 2x/week minimum, and she likes to do classes, as do I. But I am a bit worried since my accident (only 4 months ago) that I won't be able to keep up with the class, but oh well. I'll do my best.

Jen1 - aw, poor Emma - why was she so upset? I hope the pics turn out!! Maybe she wanted to stay home wiht you, sensing that she won't be the centre of attention in a few short months....

Well, to work I go, have lots to do.

OH yeah, I have a parasite - forgot to tell you all. Its hard to deal with, as I am nauseous all the time, but it could be worse, could be a tape worm! Yuck.

Belle
Old 09-25-2002, 10:11 AM   #12  

Jen ~ My in-laws have the carpet you are describing, it is beautiful. Yes, carpeting is extremely expensive. But, I guess for the length of time we have it in the house out weighs the upfront cost!!

Thanks for the heads up on the cancer, it started as melenoma (sp?) I really hope that his prognosis is good. He is a great guy with lots of life to live!

Hi Belle!!!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:21 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Hi Tonya- that is sad about your co-worker. It seems more and more young people are getting cancer and MS. I am sorry to hear that....Also, sorry you feel fallen off of WW too - but fear not, you are right, with all of us here, you guys will get back on in your own time...!

It was really sad after that cleaning at mom's. She has to sell the house and move to an apt b/c my dad won the court battle to cut off her alimony. She is 62 and has had a few strokes and is unemployable, so she is pretty much out of luck, and money. She has payments til Dec 31, then she has no income. Welfare will pay her $600/month since she is deemed unemployable, but when she is 65 she'll get her pension, which will be about $1600/month, which means she could live off that. We own the house in full, no mortgage....until then, though, that is not enough and we cant afford to supplement her for 2.5 years! So we must sell the house (which is falling to disrepair anyway and is too much work for her to keep up with) and use our $ from the house to support her until her pension kicks in. Mom is very reluctant, as she still hasn't come to terms with the fact that she lost in court and that she can't stay in the house forever Its deemed the matrimonial house, so she should have sold it when I, the youngest child, turned 25, but my dad gave the house to us girls (His 52%) because he didn't have the courgage to sell it with her. He thought we'd be greedy and sell it right away, as I wasonly 23 when he gave us the house. We didn't. He resented that. But he was right to be a coward, as my mom is fighting it tooth and nail. I love my mom, but she can be manipulative, and I think she'll let us spend our money to get the house ready for sale and then she'll decide she likes it and won't sign. We can help her til like March or April, but then she'll have to sign. So we are prepared to sign all the house to one of us (we is me and my 2 sisters) so that one of us has controlling ownership and can force the sale.

Its tough love, but what can we do - we can't pay for her to stay there, plus she is racking up her mastercard. Who the **** gave her a mastercard, I dont' know.

Well, that is the (long) scoop.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:06 AM   #14  

Belle-
We have been together for 4 years in October and I think he moved after we had been together a little over year. So it will be 3 years in December that we have been "living in sin". At least I think that is right....geez...I cant even remember! LOL
Old 09-25-2002, 11:41 AM   #15  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Howdy!

hello, everyone! Gosh, it's already been a busy day today, I wish I had something worthwhile to share, but it's been pretty boring around here. I think I'm going to WI tonight instead of my usual Thursday WI. It's TOM, but I've been OP and exercising like a good little WW, so hopefully it won't be a disappointing one.

Jayne--I wish that I could offer you some good advice, but I'm sort of just climbing back on after not taking WW too seriously for awhile. Besides, I think the advice that's already been given is better than anything I could offer. But, I am glad to hear that you have a wonderful bunch of kids and that Aaron and your mom are having such a nice time together.

Deb--I'm am so jealous of your camping trip. I didn't get to go once this summer and I'm sad about it. I'm sorry to hear that you're falling behind, but if it makes you feel any better, if I tried to do 1/3 of what you do, I would have fallen behind a long time ago. I really admire you! Hope your day at work is a good one!

Marci--Your ring sounds beautiful. Yes, yes, definitely post a picture if you get one that turns out!

Laura--Hope you also have a great day at work, even if it's a busy one and will be followed by a second job.

Lisa--My BF gave me some pictures of him from back when he was younger (and skinnier). I think he looks super-sexy in them, but it doesn't make me wish that he looked that way again. Of course, he keeps wanting to get skinny, but it doesn't make a bit of difference to me--I love him the same no matter what. I think it's harder for the person (in this case, Brian and my BF) to realize that we're going to love them no matter what. If the roles were reversed and my sweetie (his name is Aaron, but I don't want anyone to confuse him with Jayne's Aaron and think I'm some sort of sick pedophile) saw some pictures of me when I was skinny (not that I ever have been ) and I was heavier now, it probably wouldn't occur to me that he'd love me the same no matter what I looked like. It's just a self-consciuos thing, I guess. But if he wants to work with you and is inspired by your success, I think it's wonderful! Just think how great it will be to have him support you and to be able to support him!!

Jen--You should definitely post some pictures of Emma, her outfit sounds absolutely adorable!

Tonya--I'm sorry to hear that about your co-worker. But it's so important to remember that being diagnosed with cancer is not a death sentence. There are so many treatments available that having cancer doesn't even slow some people down.

Belle--Congrats on your gym membership! In my experience, I've found that it helps to have someone who goes religiously go with you. A girl I work with here goes to my gym every day and having her go helps me manage to make it there my 3 times a week. Yikes, it sounds like you have a mess with your mom's house. I hope it all works out for you, and if you need anything, we're here for you!

OK, I better get back to work now. It's lunchtime, yippee!!

I'll be back later!
Closed Thread