Old 05-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #1  

Red face Need the "Skinny" on the different WW plans please...

I was in WW years ago, when they first came out with the points system. They did not have any "flex" points, or "momentum" or "core" and so I would beg someone with a minute to point me to where I may get the info on all of these new things; I have an iPhone app to count my points, got a fridge full of WW friendly food, and am ready to take a serious stab at this. I can't really remember about how many points I can have a day. Is there a link I can get that info from too?

I have been on Atkins for a couple of months; lost 14 pounds and am sick of all the meat. I am ready for some carbs
fiona8757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #2  

OK, by Googling, I have determined that my allowed points per day is 26. And I have my points calculator on my iphone, and still have 2 little cardboard slider calculator I got at my meetings years ago. And I have my Book on food points. Again though, I would like to know what the "core", "flex" and "momentum" plans are. :-/

Last edited by fiona8757; 05-28-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #3  
New But Not New To WW

S/C/G: 278.8/262.8/140.0

Height: 5'2"

Why not join WW? It's not expensive and you can acquire the Momentum material. You can pay weekly until you acquire all the material. I have the Winning Points, Flex/Core, & Momentum plans all by joining WW. I wasn't going to join this last time as I do well on the Flex plan but the Momentum plan contains useful information so I decided to join to see what it was all about.
paularose1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #4  

Because I do not WISH to join WW. I have been a member before. I like using the points sytem but do not wish to pay their bloated prices. I finally managed, affter much Googling, to get the information no one would give me here. I was not aware the only answers I would get would be from a WW schill.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #5  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

I'm not in WW now, but I really don't understand why you have a problem with Paularoses's response. WW has full time employees who develop the program. Why don't they deserve to get paid? And why should you expect people to break copyright law to provide you with the materials they paid for?

I think you might want to read your responses twice before you post them.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #6  
Philly Dancing Queen

S/C/G: 265/245/170

Height: 5 ft3

She was harsh in her response, but she clearly wasn't looking to join. And, mmm, yeah, it's sort of the same plans over and over, as someone who has joined several times. It's mostly marketing.
Maybe it's not expensive for you. By me, it's about $50 a month, which is a week's worth of groceries. You can join online for less, but it's not the same.
So while she shouldn't have gone off, she didn't ask you to mail her your WW material either.. she was just looking for a little advice and it got a little preachy.
toomuchmoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #7  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiona8757 View Post
I have been on Atkins for a couple of months; lost 14 pounds and am sick of all the meat. I am ready for some carbs
I don't think the OP would follow anything you posted so I guess it's a moot point. The OP was on Atkins for a couple of months and sick of all the meat??? Umm...Atkins is about lots of veg so she probably didn't follow any posts/suggestions on that plan either. LOL
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:35 AM   #8  

Just join WW and find out for yourself really coz am sure not many people are actually willing to take their time and share stuff they have paid for with their own money.
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I was in WW years ago, when they first came out with the points system. They did not have any "flex" points, or "momentum" or "core" and so I would beg someone with a minute to point me to where I may get the info on all of these new things
Well, I don't mind answering as the value in WW for me is going to the weekly meetings for the support, and the more I talk about it and what works for me, the more it reinforces my commitment to the program.

Basically, since you have calculated your daily points, just stick to that every day. On top of that, flex points are the extra weekly points you get. For an entire week you get 35. You can add these into your daily points (so you'd have 31 Points a day total), you can save them all for a splurge (stick to 26 Points everyday but have 61 one day a week), or break them up however you would like for the week (some days use 2, other days use 8, whatever). Or you can just not eat them at all if you would like.

The current program WW is pushing is Momentum. It is basically a combination of core with flex (?) I think, from a few years ago. Really, it promotes the idea of filling foods, like veggies and the other things you could eat before on the core program if you chose not to count Points. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about labels like Momentum or Core or anything, just stick to the Points and re-calculate your daily allowance when you drop 10 pounds and have birthdays.

How long ago were you in WW? When I first joined I learned they had changed how they calculated Points. Before they let you enter unlimited Fiber grams but the new way limits it at 4. Make sure the old sliders you have are maxed out at 4, otherwise they are probably useless.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #10  
Just starting

S/C/G: 235/182/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, I think someone let their growly stomach get the best of them.

I agree with the poster that said you should join. Why not pay for the materials you are looking for. Many are copywritten and using them that way is stealing. But I don't download music or movies without paying for them either.
phatchick911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/200

Height: 5'8"

The real benefit of joining WW I think is the meetings. But yeah, I think you could totally follow it without paying a dime.
wwmandy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 AM   #12  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

ive been following it without joining.. im a student and got laid off.. and sometimes the 15 dollars it is a week.. just isnt doable.. just google the crap out of it and you will find all the links you need

good luck
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #13  

Default share with me?

Fiona or anyone, Would you mind sharing your research with me?
Or point me in the right direction.
Thanks
ShariR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #14  
life is good!

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

I've been doing it online-17 bucks a month.

I don't like meetings...they did nothing for me. Especially when you have instructors that show up late and end early.

WW online has been working for me and a lot of other people I know. However, if you aren't the type to hold yourself accountable, it probably won't work for you.
ktexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phatinvictoria View Post
ive been following it without joining.. im a student and got laid off.. and sometimes the 15 dollars it is a week.. just isnt doable.. just google the crap out of it and you will find all the links you need
This is true. I just googled "Weight Watchers" and found everything from a couple of WW forums to videos on Youtube.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote