PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

Question 21 day progesterone test question

I was on clomid 50mg dose, this is my first round of clomid cycle.
I had my blood test for progesterone level on day 21 and today I got call from my doctor and she said that my progesterone level was 12.5, which she said was not very high but not low too.

She further asked me if I used OPK and got +ve results. I did get positive result on day 19th and 20th. The test line was dark, but I still have my doubt that it was dark enough or not. I got a feeling while talking to her that she thinks that I have not ovulated on 50 mg dose as went on saying that I should use pregnancy kit after few days and if it is -ve and I menstruate, then we can increase the dose of clomid or look for other option.

I tried researching online if my progesterone level was very low and I am getting conflicting info. Some claim that it should be above 30 while others are talking about greater than 10.

I am little depressed with my doctor's call. Can I still keep my hope high?
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

They "say" that on a medicated cycle they want your prog to be above 15 and a non medicated cycle above 10. Mine was 14.5 last time (on Clomid) and they weren't concerned. Some docs will consider O anything over 1, believe it or not.

It's probably not as high as they would like to see, but I definitely think you ovulated!

Do I have this right- you got the positive opk on cycle day 19 or 20 and then had a progesterone test the next day? My doc wants me to come in 7 days after that positive opk. That 21 day prog test always confused me. It should be a week after you ovulate, whenever that may be.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Jen for your response. I guess my doctor 'assumed' that I will ovulate on day 14th. She never told me to use OPK, I did it just to be sure.

I too think that I ovulated, I was having lower abdomen pain like those during menstrual cycle. I had a strong feeling that I did ovulated and was very positive. Doctor's call today brought back all the negative thoughts.

Your response did helped me to move out of negative thoughts.
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

If it makes you feel any better, I conceived on CD 51.

Do you also chart along with the OPK tests? That may help you get to know YOUR cycle. I never got around to a 28-30 day cycles so If I had just tried at CD14 or so, I never would have got it. My best cycles off BCP were 60-65 ish days when I was TTC.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-18-2010 at 08:57 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote