South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #1  
Taking one day at a time!

S/C/G: 135/131/120

Height: 5'2"

Default New to this Forum

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. This is actually my second week on SB Ph1. This is my second time with SB and I am not sure why it took me so long to get back into the program. The first time was in 2004 and I did awesome on it even helped all the stomach issues I had..(gallbladder issues too). I was very successful with it, got married then have been stuck with my weight going up and down constantly.

I am hoping my DH will be joining me in the next few weeks but he is finishing up on his medfast food (since we spent so much on it) and hopefully we can both be successful changing our way of eating.

This time around seems a little easier since we have been so used to cooking a very healthy dinner (for DH's Medfast) as opposed to the hamburger helper we seemed to cook so much of.

I found this site while looking for recipes and really wish I had found it before starting SB since there are soooo many YUMMY recipes! I can't even believe the dessert section!

Anyway..Just wanted to say hi and can't wait to get to know you all

My first question (of course..you didn't think that I would let you off THAT easy did you?)

what are skinny lattes and can you make them at home?

<---just because this banana cracks me up.
sbweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you. The skinny lattes I sometimes get at Starbucks are coffee or espresso with skim milk and sugar-free syrup. Yummy.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #3  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

You can make them at home. If you have an expresso machine. These aren't too expensive mine was about $30. I am not sure if it will taste right but you might can make them with instant expresso and maybe heat the milk up on the stove?

I also use SF syrups like caramel, hazelnut, or vanilla

Tammie
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to the Beach, sbweezy! I'm happy you've found us and have checked out our entire forum. We have a great support group here to help and encourage you on your way to a successful weight loss, and our recipe section is full of yummy recipes that I go to again and again. You'll never get bored eating the SB way, no matter what phase you are on.

Your question about the skinny latte has already been answered, but it's just a latte made with skim milk and a sugar-free sweetener.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #5  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Hi and welcome! I am new to this forum too. Just finishing up my second week on Phase 1. Going to stay on it for one more week. Can't wait to get to know you better!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:16 AM   #6  
Taking one day at a time!

S/C/G: 135/131/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Ladies for your replies! I have just been making ice coffee lately but with the ff milk and some splenda it's really not been rocking my boat...maybe I will pick up some SF syrup to use instead

going thru the recipes now since DHis going shopping tomorrow..(also checking out the daily thread to get menu ideas)
sbweezy is offline   Reply With Quote