Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #1  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Default From Calorie Counting to Calorie Counting for 2

Thought I would introduce myself here. I used to be on the CC boards a lot and lost 61lbs 221lbs down to 160bs. All with the goal of getting pregnant. My husband and I had been trying for 6 years!! With little to no help and no explanation except my weight was making my hormones screwy. Well on March 5th we got our BFP and we couldnt be more excited, nervous and scared, and well everything. The ultrasound dating scan puts me 12w3d but my dates put me further along, so the doctor is kind of playing it down the middle. Seeing as I am still having morning sickness and other first trimester symptoms we are leaning more towards somewhere between Nov 1- Nov 7 as a due date.

Anyways I lost my 61lbs counting calories and with my GoWearFit armband. Since I am still considered over weight and because of family history I am high risk for gestational diabetes and heart conditions we need to make sure I gain the appropriate amount of weight in a healthy way.

Today I went to see my new dietitian for the first time, she was thrilled that I knew how to eat healthy and just gave me a calorie goal for now of 2000 calories a day and to increase as we go further along and as needed for appropriate weight gain.

I have to be closely monitored because I have had proteins in my urine samples so I am sure that at my appointment next week he will already order my first of 3 possible glucose tolerance tests.

I am scared to gain weight again but so thrilled after 6 years of trying to finally be pregnant. So I guess I will be hanging out here now! Doing it for me and baby.

The plan is to continue as I was before with of course concentration on gaining weight in healthy way instead of losing it in a healthy way. Still wearing my armband, tracking my food intake and keeping active (when my stomach allows it).
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Congrats!!!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #3  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations, that is an amazing story. I am very happy for you
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Congratulations!!!
I'm doing the calorie counting during pregnancy. I'm using "my fitness pal.com" I just keep it at maintenance level making sure to adjust it to my current weight as I go along. And walking everyday.
Watching what I eat and counting it is the only way for me to control myself or else I would blow up like I've done with my other pregnancies.
Good for you!!
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #5  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Thank you ladies for the welcome!!!
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #6  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Congratulations!!