General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #1  

Default Those that drink lots water (100 oz+)...

Do you drink anything else? I am not the greatest at drinking water but I made a decision this week to drink at least 80 ounces per day. I get it done (barely, a couple of nights I was chugging a couple of glasses before bed) but it's hard. I like it because I don't have the munchies as much as I usually do.

I feel water logged (in a good way) but I was wondering if you drank anything else? I love me some Pepsi and I treat myself a couple of times a week but I haven't been able to do so because I'm drowning myself in water. I know that's a good thing! I'm just curious.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #2  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

I am having a hard time getting in the required water because I am a black tea drinker...I try but it's so difficult. I gave up sodas yrs ago and only have them when I go out to dinner but water is still so hard for me.
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I drink a ton of water (somewhere between 8-10 liters a day) and I also drink juice, green tea and milk. I'm just generally a thirsty person. Once you get more accustomed to drinking that much water, you will find that you'll still have room for other drinks, though you might not really even want them anymore....
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I find that as I drink more water, I find myself more often thirsty. I was recently married, and working out alot to get into wedding dress fitting shape. I normally am terrible at remembering to drink water, but when I made an effort I ifound it became easier and easier. It's as if I was finally treating my body to what it needed and craved, and I was suddenly needing and craving it more and more
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #5  

I forgot to mention that I am generally NOT a thirsty person. When I'm not working out, I could drink 1 glass of something (water, soda, whatever) per day and not think twice about it. So this is definitely a change for me!
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #6  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThicknPretty View Post
I drink a ton of water (somewhere between 8-10 liters a day)

I admire you!! I have trouble getting in 32 ounces most days. I have to force myself to chug it.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

I drink about a gallon of water a day during the week (I usually find it harder to get in on the weekends). The only other thing I drink is an occassional cup of green tea in the morning.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

I definitely have problems getting it in. Not because I'm not thirsty, but I am so busy, I don't have time to keep getting up and go pee! I used to love water a couple years back, and have unfortunately fallen back in love with soda. I buy crystal light to make the taste better.
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

During the week, I drink about 160 oz or more of water a day. I also usually have a cup or two of coffee (larger cups). And sometimes in the evening I have a diet pepsi/coke. I drink A LOT; I am always drinking. I don't usually drink that much on the weekends though. I guess I am used to it - when I don't get to drink that much I just feel off... if that makes sense.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 129/120.6/118

Height: 5'4.5

Can someone tell me why we need to drink so much water? If you're not thirsty, then why drink like a gallon of it? Does it help to suppress your appetite and just keep you flushed out?

Last edited by LabMonkeyGirl; 04-29-2010 at 01:06 PM.
LabMonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

LabMonkeyGirl, I've seen lots of great posts/threads on the subject of why we should be drinking water... but can't find them at the moment so instead googled and found a nice little summary here: http://food-facts.suite101.com/artic...drinking_water

To the OP, I am constantly drinking and it does take focus for me to do so. I am lucky that my office is down the hall from the kitchen which makes it easier to fill up my water bottle. I have a tall glass of water as soon as I get up to make up for the dehydration that happens while sleeping, glass of water with vitamins, travel mug of coffee on way to work, I constantly have water and green tea (and other herbals) on the go throughout the day, and more water with dinner before having a nice herbal tea before bed. And with all of that I find that I'm thirsty when not drinking. So goodness knows why and how that happens.

I stopped drinking pop at least 10 years ago when I learned how much of an effect it has on weight, and I don't drink juice for the same reason (and also because it's always nicer having a piece of fruit instead). The only time I stray is beer and wine though.... what can I say, I can't drink water ALL the time.

Last edited by prepping; 04-29-2010 at 01:26 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #12  
Goodbye Taco bell

S/C/G: 175/158/135

I also have a huge problem drinking water.... or liquids in general. I may drink one glass of some liquid in a day and thats it. And generally it isnt water. Any suggestions on how to take in more water or am I gonna have to suck it up and just down the boring nasty tasting stuff......
Airforcechick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #13  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I drink a ton of water, but this didn't happen all at once because I generally just hate the taste of water. I know by the Ozarka bottles (that have the flip caps) and I just refill them with my own filtered tap water, that way I can carry the bottle around me without spilling it everywhere and if I have to get out, I can grab it and go. As far as taste, Crystal Light makes fantastic little packets that add flavor, my favorite is the mango peach tea, you just add it to your water, shake, and drink. Those have been a life saver for me, and now it is just a habit to grab my bottle, my Crystal Light packet, and go. I do drink other things, mostly Diet Sunkist and unsweet tea, and usually when I have my last meal of the day. I hope this helps.
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #14  
Goodbye Taco bell

S/C/G: 175/158/135

Yea the drink mixes have been a life saver for me over here in Afghanistan....where we are constantly thirsty but for those of us who hate water its been awesome to have those little drink packets
Airforcechick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #15  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 186/186/135

Height: 5'6''

Have you tried to squeeze a little bit of lemon or lime in the water to give it a little flavor? I love water, so I don't have any problems drinking it plain, but I also love to throw in some lemon and/or lime when I have it around.
My Body in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote