Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Unhappy New to WW...Need some encouragement....=(

Hello everyone!

Im new to the forum and new to weight watchers. I was really nervous at first but ive literally tried many diets and nothing ever worked....or i just gave up. And im determined to lose weight. Im 25 years old and i weigh 207.4. Ive been on WW for a week now and lost 1.2 pound! better than nothing. And this week has been going well...but i dont know what happened this evening...after going to the gym i went straight to taco bell and after that i ate all this chocolate....now im sitting here regretting it and thinking im never going to lose weight...what wrong with me?!?!

Please help...
kneed2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/155/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi kneed2lose! It's so difficult! I really think that losing weight has more to do with the "mental" than the "physical"! You just need to forgive yourself for the slip-up and get right back on the program. Make sure you have some healthy, on-program snacks available when you are hungry. Also, I've found that drinking lots of water helps! Just be assured that this program really does work! Each week will get easier and easier...and as you see the weight coming off you will become more encouraged to continue!
Old Schmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Congrats on those 1.2 lbs! It was a minor slip up (though it is possible to eat fast food on WW, you just have to be careful and get the right points down - as long as it doesn't become something that you do frequently, I think it is fine but healthy food is the key to keeping the weight you lose off so be careful), go ahead and mark the points and get back on track! The key is to keep going when the 'oops' happens, and to learn from it!

Take some almonds or other snack that you can pack in your gym bag to eat on your way home or where ever it is you go after working out. Protein is a good idea for an after workout snack (or so I have heard ). And make a note that you feel hungry after a workout so you can plan for a snack then.

It's important that you keep something that is point-friendly close by so that you don't fall into the trap of 'getting fast food is easier than making something on plan'. Making little baggies of premeasured fruit/veggies and nuts/snacks or picking up things that are already portioned out (cheese sticks, yogurt, jello or pudding cups) is a great idea, so you could just grab a few if you suddenly realize that you don't have time to make something.

A little chocolate now and then isn't bad, as long as you plan for it and mark off the points. You could use a little of your activity or weekly points for it even.

You don't have time for regrets or negative thoughts, , it'll only make you upset and you've got more important things to do than be upset (like being happy, miss lovely ). So pick yourself back up and get to it I am cheering you on!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 04-22-2010 at 09:40 AM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Wow...You guys....THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really dont know what i would have done if it wasnt for this site. Your words of encouragement have definitely helped and im going to try to pick myself up again. Normally when i have one slip up, my entire way of eating goes downhill, but i dont think that will be happening this time... Thank you so much again, you have no idea how much it mean for you guys to take the time out to help. =)

And Congrats on the weight you have lost so far!! Keep up the great work!
kneed2lose is offline   Reply With Quote