Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #1  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Default Homemade Boot Camp

I've been getting used to adding exercise to my life lately. Currently, around work and school, I go to the gym for at least 30 minutes of cardio (bike or treadmill) 3 times a week; I do 17 pushups, 17 squats, 17 crunches, and 17 calf raising stair exercises every day; and I take the dog on a walk every day that I don't go to the gym.

Here's the fun part. At the end of May, I am moving back in with my parents for a month or two to their house in the middle of nowhere. I will not have my current job or school responsibilities. I would like to do a boot camp, but the closest one to their house is more than an hour away.
I want help planning an exercise regimen that I can work at each day. I have access to lots of country roads and outdoorsy areas, an exercise bike and a rowing machine, and lots of little (5 to 15 pound) free weights. I plan to keep working at C25K for some cardio, but I'd like a routine, a regimen that can challenge my muscles while I've got nothing else to do.

Any tips? Anyone done the boot camp thing before and want to tell me what it was like? Ideas? I want to get buff!!
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: (HW=174)154/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I have recently discovered through a link on this site stumptuous.com. I'm loving the site. Here is a workout from there for if you have no weights:

http://www.stumptuous.com/no-weights-no-problem

It's got lots of good training tips, and I think this is a good place for you to start.
RunnerChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #3  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for the tip, RunnerChemist! I checked out the website, and I really like the tips, especially shoveling as a workout. Right after I wrote this post, my Women's Health magazine had an article about a bootcamp workout. If anyone's interested, it's here: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitne...t-camp-workout. Setting up a clock to time the exercises is the most helpful tip for me. The magazine also had a DIY workout: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitne...ody-workout-14 and I think I'll try it out when I get home.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote