Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

Default No Appetite

I have been on Atkins since Jan. 3 and have lost 34 pounds as of today.

I am struggling with no appetite and while normally I wouldn't think that cause for concern I do think I need to try to eat more. I work shift work, which is a challenge in itself, but food just does not appeal to me at all. I do make myself have breakfast every morning and I make it a high protein meal with eggs and cheese .... but after that I could care less if I eat anything in a day. I keep a bunch of prepared veggies in my fridge so that at least once a day I will grab some celery or peppers as a snack (sometimes with a low carb dressing) ... but I have to make myself eat them, its not because hunger is driving me to have something to eat.

I am worried this is going to cause me to stall ... yikes.

I am still active and doing all my day to day things which is good and in my mind tells me I am taking in enough nutrition otherwise I would be dead tired and dragging my behind. I drink lots of fluids .... so its not dehydration that is making me lose my appetite.

Anyway, just thought I would share .... anyone else struggle with loss of appetite??
Shells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #2  

I do for sure..have noticed it a lot lately. My DH has as well. Is this normal on this type of diet?
schell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/230/125

Default Me too!

I am in my third week of Atkins and my appetitie is Nil as well. I lost 15 pounds in the first two weeks but now I am stalled. Doing everything by the book. Did u notice periods with no weight loss as well when you first started?
luvinthenewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #4  
Me at goal in 2008...

S/C/G: HW218/SW189/CW155/GW145

Height: 5'6"

That is perfectly normal and to be expected on atkins. Because of the low carbs your body goes into a state called ketosis which helps shed the fat instead of muscle and a side effect is loss of cravings, appetite in some. I am the same way, I just know what I should eat and do and the weight is falling off.....I was 189 on Feb 1.
MOM24QTS is offline   Reply With Quote