Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/151/145

Height: 5'4

Default Meat Lovers Quick Weight Loss Menu

This past Saturday I randomly asked if Metabolic had a meat eater's menu and sure enough they do! It's called the Meat Lovers Quick Weight Loss Menu. Basically, you are not allowed any carbs (fruits and breads), can have unlimited meat, and 4 oz of cooked vegetables or 8 oz of raw veggies. This phase is for two weeks and then they put you on the next phase, which adds in the fruits and breads.

I am going to start this menu tomorrow.

Is anyone else on this menu or has your center told you about it? I am interested in personal experiences on this menu.

Thanks!
librariandiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

i tried it for a day and i just missed my carbs too much. Believe me i am a meat lover, but your body needs the Carbs, and this will make you lose weight, but as soon as you introduce the carbs again, your gonna gain some of that 'fake' loss back. Its basically the Atkins diet menu and i remember Atkins being bad

But hey if you think you can do it, go for it! the thing i missed the most was my fruits. I workout alot and can really feel when my stomach doesnt have the proper fuel to help me.
nabeelmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

At our first class there was a person who was going to do the diet without doing even the HNS. She was adamant about only doing the diet and exercise. They said they had a menu for that. I've wondered how they alter the protein / carb ratio. Maybe the meat lovers diet is closer to that?
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/216/180

Height: 5'6"

From what I know, Atkins was bad because you could only have meat (and possibly cheese?). Veggies were banned because they are carbs. So people were living on lbs of fattening bacon and such with no plant nutrients. That diet slams you into keitosis, but in too extreme of a way.

If you eat lean meats with veggies, that's actually a great diet (and this is coming from a vegetarian!). Those are good whole foods that are unprocessed and provide you with lots of nutrients. (Ideally you want good meats without antibiotics or pesticides, etc.)

I'm curious, does the MRC Meat lovers diet stipulate what meats you can have? And are you still supposed to have HNS on that diet?
diet gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:03 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet gal View Post
From what I know, Atkins was bad because you could only have meat (and possibly cheese?). Veggies were banned because they are carbs.
Atkins is not that extreme. The first two weeks are more limited (while your body adjusts), but then you move into the ongoing weight loss phase and it's not as restrictive. (Some people may make bad protein choices, but that's on them). It's actually a lot like the center, except that your protein is not limited. The veggie choices are similar (the ones that are discouraged are the ones that have a higher carb content -- carrots, etc. -- just like at the center). You can eat fruit, low-carb breads and cereals and veggies. I actually like the Atkins plan, but just like any plan, if you don't follow it, it won't work.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet gal View Post
From what I know, Atkins was bad because you could only have meat (and possibly cheese?). Veggies were banned because they are carbs. So people were living on lbs of fattening bacon and such with no plant nutrients. That diet slams you into keitosis, but in too extreme of a way.

If you eat lean meats with veggies, that's actually a great diet (and this is coming from a vegetarian!). Those are good whole foods that are unprocessed and provide you with lots of nutrients. (Ideally you want good meats without antibiotics or pesticides, etc.)

I'm curious, does the MRC Meat lovers diet stipulate what meats you can have? And are you still supposed to have HNS on that diet?
The MRC Meat Lovers does have stipulations on what meats you can have. They're all lean meats and all fish. You have more options to choose from with the oils, cheese, and they allow you to have certain fats. You are allowed limited fats; some of the fats include: sour cream, bacon, cream cheese.

You only drink 2 HNS clears and they're snacks instead of with meals.

Yesterday I completed my first day and I have never been so satisfied. I felt full the entire day. I had no cravings and I lasted 5-6 hours between meals.

BTW this menu is only for 2 weeks.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Goal: 140

Height: 5'7"

diet gal, Atkins is not at all like you describe. The majority of the food consumed on Atkins are vegetables. Meat is limited to 4-6 ounces per meal and 15 of the 20NC consumed are vegetable carbs.

If someone is on Atkins and working the plan properly they are not living on pounds of bacon with no plant nutrients. That's a common myth about Atkins. ANA is all about high fiber low carb veggies FIRST, and meat/dairy second.
Catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #8  

Thanks for the clarification on Atkins. I never looked into myself. It just seemed that when it was popular, everyone I knew was doing it the bad (and apparently wrong) way that I mentioned in the previous post. Any excuse to eat pounds of bacon.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

So how did this plan work for you? What is the next step after following it for 2 weeks? Kinda Hesitant about actually eating unlimited meat!
brainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #10  

I asked my center to see the meat menu and they said that they don't have it.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsgirl View Post
So how did this plan work for you? What is the next step after following it for 2 weeks? Kinda Hesitant about actually eating unlimited meat!
I only lasted 3 days on this menu and fell off program for the next 4 four days.

Here's my experience on this menu...

Because I knew that I could have unlimited meat at meal times, I would just eat meat just because I knew I could. I had no control. I ate so much meat that meat started grossing me out. Also, if you get hungry on this menu you could have one of the proteins listed for a snack-- I ate too many boiled eggs!

I'm definitely a person that needs structure and specifications and I felt so out of control on the Meat Lover's menu, so I switched back to green menu.

BTW, I didn't lose a lb. I just maintained on this menu.