General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 07:44 PM   #1  

Default I am so confused now!

I dont even know what to believe anymore. I had always believed in a low fat diet. But then I read atkins and the schwarzbien principle. very convincing!
I was planning on doing a diet based on exchanges. I just come off atkins, and I already miss it. I hear atkins is dangerous and I hear it's the best thing out there. How do I know which is right?? ugghhh.......
Old 09-11-2002, 09:33 AM   #2  

hi, i cant help you, cause i am at a point now where i just have to do my own plan. you sound exactly like me, i keep reading all this different stuff and it is all very convincing, so i keep changing the way i eat, the only thing this has lead to is overeating and feeling like a failure, cause i keep going off the plan i thought was the best for me.

bottom line is i believe all the plans will work if you stick to them, you have to choose one that you can live with for the rest of your life, and on somersizing, atkins i just knew that couldnt be for me, i love potatos and all the starches, but i also wanted to eat all the cheese and butter and cream and bacon you can have on the other plans. so in order for me to be able to eat the foods i love, i must learn to eat them in moderation and only have one serving of them. and just tell myself i can have more the next day, no food is forbiddin for me, i just have to learn to not binge on them and not have the junk everyday, just once in while, or even pick a day of the week, that you can tell yourself, on sat i can have french fries and some drinks or whatever you want, just not everyday.

i myself am just discovering this, and i put my scale away and only am going to weigh in once a month. i know i will slip up, i just have to not do it so often. i am just trying to change bad eaitng habits, i know what is good food and what is junk, and i have to find a way to balance it all out where i will not tell myself you cant eat that.

i hope you find what will help you lose weight. it is hard to pick something you can do long term. i know now that i can have bacon, just 2 or 3 slices instead of 4 or 6. just cut stuff in half and make in lowerfat, not fatfree. i will start slow and accept that this will take time. good luck.
Closed Thread