Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #1  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default So strong- in such a short amount of time.

As many of you know, my motivation for diet and exercise is for strength mostly. (But I'm tracking my weight because it's easier and it's a great reward for the hard work.) I am AMAZED, 1 month later, at how strong I am!! I never used to be able to ride a bike, now I can ride miles with very little leg soreness. *It does help that I have a good bike now* Went geocaching with my hubby last weekend and hiked, didn't get winded and I kept up with him. But the biggest of all was my new compound bow. I had a womans bow that was 25lbs pullback. I remember when I first got it and it was a struggle because I wasn't very strong. Granted, it's been easy to me for a year or so, but I thought I just needed to increase about 5lbs. Well long story short, my SIL got a bow used (mens bow) and was told it could be lowered to 25 lbs as well. Turns out it can't - it's lowest is 40lbs. She couldn't pull it to save her life. My hubby had a hard time with it, but he's right handed and her and I are lefties. Imagine my suprise when I EASILY pulled back 40lbs!!!! Needless to say, we traded weapons. But I am SO amazed. 1 month ago I tried a 30 lb setting and it killed me. I just can't believe how fast these results are coming!
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #2  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration. I'm trying to get fit and I didn't realize it only takes a month to notice a big difference.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Aww, that is such wonderful news I love to hear stories like that
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #4  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Congrats! It is amazing how much stronger we get, and how our bodies change in the process of losing weight and exercising. Soon you'll be able to do 50, I am sure!
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Awesome! That's really is fantastic!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoMarcia View Post
She couldn't pull it to save her life. My hubby had a hard time with it, but he's right handed and her and I are lefties. Imagine my suprise when I EASILY pulled back 40lbs!!!!
That is AWESOME! (I am starting an archery class this Sunday! I am so excited!!)

I have been doing some strength training... and I just love FEELING strong. I love feeling like I am physically capable of doing anything.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #7  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCraver View Post
That is AWESOME! (I am starting an archery class this Sunday! I am so excited!!)

I have been doing some strength training... and I just love FEELING strong. I love feeling like I am physically capable of doing anything.
Ohhhh! You're gonna love it. Nothing destresses me like shooting my bow. Got my DH and SIL into it as well. You will be suprised the muscles you use that you had no idea you had, and it will make you SORE. It's pretty awesome. You'll have to let me know how you like it. I'm pretty passionate about it.
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote