Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #1  

Default Abdominal exercise advice???

I'm on a manhunt for some good ab exercises to add to my overall exercise routine... I've had two children back to back by c-section both times... and I've been left with a wonderful and very large sagging tummy below my bellybutton... I know (from experience after having my son) that I can shrink it and regain some control over this monster by doing cardio and just general exercise...

But does anyone have any great ab exercises they would like to share with me to help my along the way... I'm kind of "exercise stupid" and really don't have a large variety of tips/tricks.... any held would be amazing and greatly appreciated!!!
gfmtgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

I love V - Situps! lay on your back with your arms and legs straight and lift your legs are arms up simultaniously (you should look like a V) and release. Try ten to start, they're pretty hard! you can work towards getting your legs are arms closer together as you advance.
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Google U tube, they have a plethora of great ab videos.... But, as you may know you can't spot reduce, diet and cardio are extremely essential to losing fat all over....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I had my son via c-section in jan. '09. My poor abs. They were destroyed... but I have come a long way since then. I have been doing a lot of stuff that engages the abs and requires me to use them for stability. Kick boxing (and Tae Bo) has been great b/c a lot of the punches and kicks require you to use your abs (if you do it correctly).

Even things like push ups or anything in the plank position is good, b/c you have to use all your abs to hold yourself steady.

Then - of course there are good old fashioned sit ups and crunches (blech!)
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #5  

thanks everyone!
gfmtgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #6  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

On exercisetv.tv Nicole Stewart has a video called "Pilates Abs". It's ten minutes of really great ab work- definitely my favorite thing that I've done because the better I get at it, the more challenging I can make it.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/183/155

Height: 5'7"

Pilates!!!!

My 2nd c-section was in June 2009. Starting doing Pilates in August and can finally start seeing some definition...
lights76 is offline   Reply With Quote