Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 326/ticker/200

Height: 5'6

Default am I full? am I doing this right?

hey guys!!! today was my 1st real day on the menu and I am so full!! I didnt think i could even eat all my dinner.

I weighed my food after I cooked it and it just seems like alot of food. gosh I hope I am doing this right. I followed it exactly today. I had breakfast , lunch , snack and dinner. I had 3 HNS's and still have an optional one at bedtime. when you guys first started did you feel this way? I wonder f i am screwing up something..i just done know how i would when i weighed everything, drank tonsss of water and took my supplements.

am i making sense? I feel like im being stupid.

another question...can you mix raw and cooked veggies to get the total? for example.i can have 8 oz raw veggies or 4 oz cooked....so could i have 2oz cooked and 4 oz raw ?

I cooked parm crisps tonight. I dont think i did it exactly right,,lol. I will have to work on that
melNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

First congratulations on starting this journey! You are gonna love how fast the results are! Just stick to the plan LOL I was so full too... and I am getting fuller all the time. I am so impressed by the amount of food we actually get to eat! Yes you can mix cooked and raw veggies. I started at 310 and in 21 days I lost 21 lbs and more than 17 inches I am on day 24 and I just started walking. ( I havnt walked a mile in years) In two days I have walked two miles!
This will change your life Best wishes and congrats again! Great start!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #3  

did you /are you doing 3,4 or 5 HNS? I want to get the max results but if all 5 arent needed i can save a few bucks here and there.

and thank you!!!! I am excited. I truly feel like I CAN DO This
Old 04-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #4  

Oh you so can do this! We can do anything we put our minds too!!!! I only use 3 hsn's and the only snack I have is in between lunch and dinner around 4 30 ish and it is a one ounce cheese stick I buy from Target. Because I like pepper Jack. I am all about max results so I do not feel I need to snack. It takes major will power but we so have it in us. If ya need anything let me know! Are you on pre conditioning or on a menu ? I forgot to ask
Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #5  

thanks ang!! i am on the meta slim plus 2 menu right now. they told me i would be on it awhile ( I guess because i am over 300) ..not sure for how long. from what i have read the next menu (whenever that may be) may be where it takes me down to only 1 snack per day. I looked through the cookbook and wait to start making some of the recipes (starting on day 5)
Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204.5/190.5/155

Height: 5'5"

Today was my first day too. I also was not hungry. There was times today where I was like- oh, such and such sounds really good but was not hungry! I will say it is really hard cooking for the family and staying OP. It is hard to cook something and not taste it to check seasonings.

Congrats to making it through Day 1!
Dejorken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

Learning when I'm hungry and when I'm not has been a huge step for me OP. I'll be thinking... oh, that sounds good - then stop and consider and realize I'm not really hungry, I just want to put something in my mouth. Or I'm bored, something like that.

And I've gotten to a point that I'm okay with leaving a bit of food on my plate (yeah, I know we should be eating everything) but sometimes I just look at it, consider, and realize my tummy is very full and doesn't want anymore food - so I'm not gonna force it in there. I think knowing the difference between real hunger and other motivations to eat is going to help me maintain this in the long run.

But yeah, good luck! Like Ang said, stick to plan, keep your wil lpower strong, you will be amazed with the results.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

You all are doing terrific. Great advice here. Always max on your hns! They not only help facilitate the weight loss in a big way, but they also help keep you full, so they are so key to the plan. All the best! I love MRC.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejorken View Post
Today was my first day too. I also was not hungry. There was times today where I was like- oh, such and such sounds really good but was not hungry! I will say it is really hard cooking for the family and staying OP. It is hard to cook something and not taste it to check seasonings.

Congrats to making it through Day 1!
Good Job making it thru day one! I know what you mean about having a hard time making stuff for our families. But as program has gone on for me, I have thrown out spices I do not think is good for my family as well. So now in my cuppboard is sea salt, pepper, granulated garlic and a ton of different Mrs Dashes...oh and my butter buds..Love that stuff! I have also thrown out all the old sauces like BBQ Sauces too Oh I did love my sour cream.... but I love my new and future body more.
I have been cooking different things for the family because I am cleaning out the freezer and cupboards but mostly they are eating what I eat. I have to be careful though and not take bites so I chew gum when I make their dinner.
Heres another thing my gal at MRC told me. She said that some study IDK where from said that our most pleasurable bites from a meal are the first two. So after that we are just doing it. If ya have too but try not to because it WILL affect your progress only tell yourself I am gonna have two small bites of this. I love the MRC program Once again WE Can do this!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaamDementia View Post
Learning when I'm hungry and when I'm not has been a huge step for me OP. I'll be thinking... oh, that sounds good - then stop and consider and realize I'm not really hungry, I just want to put something in my mouth. Or I'm bored, something like that.

That is something I have always struggled with -- the obsessive thinking about food. I took all of the classses, did all of the written exercises, but in my head I think about food all of the time. Sometimes by the end of the day I actually think that I "cheated" because I thought about it, then remember, that, "oh no, I actually didn't eat it, just thought about it". I have stopped my subscriptions to food magazines (except for Clean Eating), have to make myself not watch Food Network much .. all of those things trigger food thoughts for me. But I do think about what would be good ... I look forward to the day when I am able to think about other things. I guess food has always been my constant companion, so I guess it makes sense that it is always in my mind. Hoping it slowly dissipates into thin air!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
That is something I have always struggled with -- the obsessive thinking about food. I took all of the classses, did all of the written exercises, but in my head I think about food all of the time. Sometimes by the end of the day I actually think that I "cheated" because I thought about it, then remember, that, "oh no, I actually didn't eat it, just thought about it". I have stopped my subscriptions to food magazines (except for Clean Eating), have to make myself not watch Food Network much .. all of those things trigger food thoughts for me. But I do think about what would be good ... I look forward to the day when I am able to think about other things. I guess food has always been my constant companion, so I guess it makes sense that it is always in my mind. Hoping it slowly dissipates into thin air!
Your thing about cutting back on Food TV really resonated with me ! I am hooked on it and I don't think I have ever cooked anything from any of those shows but I just love watching people cook.. But I can also relate to the thinking about food all the time. I think that is one of my problems with losing the last of the weight. I am either thinking of what I am going to eat,making what I am going to eat, or eating what I made then planning the next meal.. It is hard to lose weight when you have to be so involved with it all the time.. It is like you can never get away from it.. MRC is pretty good though. I have learned a lot so I really can't complain..

Cheers!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #12  
Gunz

S/C/G: 192/171/145

Height: 5'5

If you are full do you always finish all of it? Even if you have no appettite?
MGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'5

Default Day 2

I am on my second day (yellow menu). I was a diet coke addict so that has been the hardest thing for me. I have a dull headache but other than that I feel great. I am feeling pretty full as well and I had to force myself to eat most of my dinner last night. This is my 2nd time around and I plan on following through till the end. Last time I when I reached my weight loss goal I just quit and guess what the weight eventually came back. This program wokrs if you work it! So hang in there it gets easier as you go along.
morrtric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #14  

I personally am still working on my feeling full. Since I measure my food and it is on the plan I try to eat it all. I have left stuff on my plate but it has only been maybe 5 bites at the most. I am however starting to feel HUNGRY again. The real hungry. Not just the emotional I want to eat hunger. Its something I haven't felt in years. Best wishes morrtric and mucgunz .. we Can do this
Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGunz View Post
If you are full do you always finish all of it? Even if you have no appettite?
I've been told by a few consultants at my center to eat EVERYTHING you're supposed to at every meal. But sometimes I just cannot do it, I'd make myself sick if I was forcing everything down, namely at dinner. But every time I say I feel like the portions are too much I get the same speech that its specially balanced and my body wants and needs those portions.

Well... my tummy doesn't. Lol.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote