Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default just some advice..losing weight just kinda... sucks.

so im getting kind of impatient, lol. my original goal was 150. then 140, and as of today ive decided on 135. im not 100% sold on 135 yet though, i need to see what these last 9 lbs do.

ive kept a private blog throughout this entire weight loss experience where i celebrated a lot, and whined even more. i went through and read it from the beginning just to remind myself that 14 lbs isn't much for me. i noticed something. first of all, for almost every happy post, there was one or two miserable posts. the thing is like a roller coaster; happy/sad/happy/miserable/more miserable/ happy/suicidal (not literally)

the only thing that remained consistent was my ending thoughts to myself. they were always "you can't give up!" or "you're not going to let yourself fail again!"

a medication i was on until this january REALLY slowed my progress. even on a great week id only lose a little over a pound. when you're 220lbs, that isn't so encouraging. id write things like, whats the point? who cares about 0.8 lbs after you've been busting your butt for a week?

but at the end of every entry, there it was, "you can't just throw your hands up and say 'forget it!' or you'll end up back where you were and wishing you'd stayed on track!!"

i know im not done yet, and im not at goal. but i did realize that this attitude is the only difference between this diet and any other one ive ever been on.

just sayin.

Last edited by juliastl27; 03-31-2010 at 08:20 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #2  

Actually, .5 to 2 pounds average is safe amount to lose a week so perhaps your expectations were a little too high. The important thing is you have stuck with it and are nearing your goal. Congratulations!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

So true, I have had countless days where I am a whiny brat about this whole weigh loss thing. Sometimes it gets to me that I can work so hard and be perfectly on plan and not see big losses every week, and I get annoyed as **** when I turn down food endlessly and the scale still does not move. But I realize that most of it is in my head, the scale does move( a bit slower than I would like) and this Sunday when I get to wear my adorable Easter dress in a size 14, I won't be a whiny brat, I promise :-)
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

UGH! I will still be wearin' Easter sweats. Not really, but my pants are all too big now except for one pair and I don't want to go buy any more. We're having a quiet Easter at home, so it doesn't really matter.

When I can wear my old clothes, I promise that even if they are my old "fat" clothes....I will NOT whine then.

Julia, thanks for sharing with us from your private thoughts along your journey. I keep trying to tell myself that if I keep at it long enough, it WILL happen and stories like yours help a LOT!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

71 pounds lost is fantastic. Congratulations!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 PM   #6  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

First of all, congrats on your loss so far, and huge congrats on keeping the positive attitude!

I'm getting whinier and more impatient as I get to goal. I also started with a goal weight of 145, then 140, and now I'm secretly aiming for 135 but I can't bring myself to change my ticker yet, lol. For one, I'm losing slower, which was expected, but it's still frustrating. I'm also tired of waiting on the scale to get to where I want it to be. I just want to be at goal already so I can get on with my life (of course, maintaining my lifestyle).
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 PM   #7  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

yeah it seems to make you more impatient the closer you get, which is backwards right? i feel like i should be chilled by now, lol.

i was just pointing out to everyone that losing weight sucks. dieting sucks. the scales pace sucks. BUT that not quitting, no matter how bad my day/week/whatever had been, was the difference between my losing and regaining the same 20 lbs, and my losing 71.

Last edited by juliastl27; 03-31-2010 at 10:03 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Way to go! Not giving up is great!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

Loosing weight is an emotional rollercoaster but hey it does feels wonderful to wear cute clothes and to have so much energy.

Congratulations on how wonderful you have done so far..
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote