Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/274/190

Height: 5'11

Default Hi guys!

I'm new here (obviously ) and this is the forum that encouraged me to join. I've been loving the MRC recipe thread and I was hoping to get to know some other people who don't think that my diet is "crazy".
I've been doing MRC for about 2 weeks, and have experienced some loss so far though I feel that a large portion of it is water. I've had some ups and downs, but in general I really do like it.
I'm looking forward to some advice, support, etc. from girls who have been there and I see so many of you have had success.
I think my biggest obstacle has been having to prepare my meals each time. With 4 kids to take care of, and a house to maintain I'm finding it hard and sometimes I'm so frustrated (and hungry) come dinner time that I am tempted to gorge on whatever's fast in the freezer which is never good. I was also a caffeine drinker and alcohol drinker prior to starting, so I'm struggling with that as well. Oh and don't forget the outside world.
I'm getting married in May, and hoping to at least FEEL good about myself by then. I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting new ideas
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5

I just signed up to post today and I agree it was the recipe thread that got me to join this site. I've been doing MRC for a month and have had great success so far, I'm down 20.5. I thought the first 15 was just water weight also but I can tell now that it's not. Since I'm new to MRC too the only thing I know if when you slip and go off it does effect your loss but it's also not the end of the world. Most importantly Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/274/190

Height: 5'11

20 lbs already? Congratulations! That's awesome.
I've really seen such awesome results, I hope I'm one of them. And thanks
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Hi Nadine & Mary you should join us on the monthly thread. You will find lots of great tips and support. Everyone really looks out for each other Nadine I wanted to tell you as far as food prep....I found it easier to pick a day of the week to prep/weigh my food for the week. So, on Sundays I weigh out my meat & put it in Ziploc's in the freezer...same with the cheese...and I also boil the eggs in advance. I know it seems a bit tedious to dedicate a day to just food, but if I didn't do that it would be a lot harder to stay on program @ least for me personally. Can't wait to see you ladies on the March thread
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Welcome.. I too was a caffine addict. The first week was hard, but the more water you drink the better it is.

My best advice, is to just take it one meal at a time. Life gets in the way sometimes, and we fall.. Pick yourself up and get right back on the program.

I tend to eat the same things so prep is pretty easy. Eating an 8oz salad is a bit much for me, so I try to eat heavier veggies.. Cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers. I make extra ground turkey, or chicken when I'm cooking. If I'm making taco's I'll cook an extra package and use it for the week.

This program is great. It works. Good Luck..

Last edited by MEEZOOGIRL; 04-01-2010 at 08:45 AM.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6''

Welcome you two! This is a great supportive community and we're here for you Look forward to hearing more great results.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #7  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Welcome to you both….I know I’m a bit late..but I wanted to say welcome..The hardest part of this is TIME for me as well. I have a million reasons why I am too busy to cook but I absolutely can’t be successful if don’t take the time. I found that out this past month eating things on the run. I have to sit down and plan what I’m having and MAKE EXTRA..that way you have something to fall back on if ur hungry and don’t feel like cooking a full meal or your family is eating something off Plan. Caffeine wasn’t that hard for me to give up..but I do miss eating out with my friends a lot..and drinking. Now I have drank with friends every once in a while..I just do liquor without mixers..I never drank beer so that’s not an issue..but I have found if drink liquor without sugary mixers I do fine once the alcohol burns off. All though I know that’s not on plan and I would caution that once I drank too much and got easily influenced into drinking sweet drinks and eating something totally not on plan. So be careful with that lol

Great job on your weightlosses!!
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
I'm new here (obviously ) I'm looking forward to some advice, support, etc. from girls who have been there and I see so many of you have had success.

I'm getting married in May, and hoping to at least FEEL good about myself by then. I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting new ideas

Welcome Nadine - I'm a little late, too Bunny . This is a great place for support, not only because of success, but also because of the tough times! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! You will feel great in May cuz you'll have accomplished so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary1011 View Post
I've been doing MRC for a month and have had great success so far, I'm down 20.5.
Welcome to you, too, Mary! That is an awesome start!
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #9  

Default Started MRC 2 weeks ago

I started MRC two weeks ago and I felt a little misled. When I started the preconditioning, I thought I will have no problem with this program and then I went to the green menu. It was so low cal and restrictive that I felt horrible trying to stick with it. I am still trying to do it. Can any one tell me how they have managed to stick with the restrictive menu.
I started out at 203.1 and I am now at 200.5. That is some weight loss but it is not what they said it would be.
No to mention when my husband found out how much it cost he was furious. And now that I have looked into it I feel like I could have gotten these supplements from some where else for a lot less money. The inital cost for me was 691.00. That included the 17 week plan and supplements.
Does anyone else fill a little scammed.
aberry0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberry0311 View Post
I started MRC two weeks ago and I felt a little misled. When I started the preconditioning, I thought I will have no problem with this program and then I went to the green menu. It was so low cal and restrictive that I felt horrible trying to stick with it. I am still trying to do it. Can any one tell me how they have managed to stick with the restrictive menu.
I started out at 203.1 and I am now at 200.5. That is some weight loss but it is not what they said it would be.
No to mention when my husband found out how much it cost he was furious. And now that I have looked into it I feel like I could have gotten these supplements from some where else for a lot less money. The inital cost for me was 691.00. That included the 17 week plan and supplements.
I think it really depends on your menu. If you are drinking the maximum amount of drinks & still hungry maybe you can talk to someone @ your center and get your menu changed. I don't know what menu you are on, but keep in mind there are many different menus available....even some that offer snack in between meals. As far as the supplements are concerned, you will see throughout the forum that some of us do not take any additional supplements besides our drinks & flax. It all depends on what you are comfortable with of course. I help that helps a bit.
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #11  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberry0311 View Post
In a way I find the restrictive menus helpful. It keeps my balance of what I should and shouldn’t eat right now in check. I know I have a completely different menu than you b/c I have so much weight to loose, I actually had the opposite problem..I found that I had way way too much meat to eat..and didn’t really want to become used to eating 6oz of meat each serving. I had to talk to my MRC about not eating it all..and they finally agreed as long as I feel full enough and am still losing weight its okay. I mentioned to them once that having NO milk is really hard for me sometimes (b/c for some reason in the last year I like it once in awhile) they tried to change me to a menu that had dairy but we agreed just to have it once in a while..well she said once a week but I don’t even want it that often.

Anyway my point is it might be best to talk to your center. I know at mine some people are easier than others to talk to. Oh also..around my two week s on program I fell apart. I mean I cried b/c things seemed so complicated…I ONLY kept going b/c of the amount of money I put in..but then after the 3rd week things just got easier..I got into a rhythm, I found foods my whole family could eat together..it just got easier..So maybe talk to your center..and try to stick with it. I will say I fell off the diet for a month b/c I got so busy and sick at the same time…but I’m back..it just takes planning for me to stick with it.
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote