Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #1  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

Question Need Help??!!

Hi Everyone,
I have a question...I went to the Dr. today and my husband and I have decided that we want to have children But we are both overweight so the dr wants us to lose weight before we try to get pregnant. I am 224 5'2 the dr prescribed me Adipex. My question is: Anyone tried this? Is it addicting? Did you lose weight? What was your side affects? I know this isnt a get skinny quick drug..just wonderin how safe it is to take it.
Thank yoU
Crystal
CrazyCrystalCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #2  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

I had both my children weighing 278 lbs. I had two wonderful pregnancies thankfully. I would not take any diet pill. They are just not safe in my opinion.
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Crystal, if you google it and click on the link to wikipedia, it explains more about it there. You might also look it up on some of the drug websites or see if google brings them up. I looked at it on wikipedia. It might help you to decide whether or not to take it. Also, before you get the prescription filled, talk to your pharmacist about it. If there is ANYTHING they tell you that you don't understand, ask again until you do.

I don't want to type anything that would influence your decision one way or the other, but I think you should try to get as much information as possible to help you choose.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #4  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I had both of my kids at around 250lbs, never had one issue during pregnancy. I def. agree with Trix4u, I wouldn't take any diet pills. Not that there is anything wrong with trying to lose weight before you get pg, just saying I'd just do it the old fashioned way, with diet and exercise. ESPECIALLY if you're actively trying to conceive at the moment.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #5  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Here's my two cents...

I know this site doesn't support the HCG plan but I was on it for a short period of time and along with it, the dr. prescribed adipex. It worked for a while as far as the energy and suppressing the appetite but after a while my body got used to it and when it would wear off I felt like I could sleep for days! Once I decided to stop the shots and pills, of course the weight came flooding back and brought lots of friends!

Personally, I wouldn't recommend that you take them unless you are a very strong willed person and know that you can come off of them when you conceive and still be able to maintain what you have already lost. As boring as it may sound, If I were you, I would stick to the life long way of eating healthy and exercising.

There again, just my opinion. My DH and I are wanting to have children too! I wish you well on whatever decision you make and pray that you will conceive soon
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I took it when I was in college and found it very unpleasant. It did suppress my appetite but I was very jittery and cranky. Just ask my poor former roommate.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:02 AM   #7  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

Thank you ladies for all the advice and support. I knew I could come here for the right answer!!
Thank you and Good Luck!!
Crystal
CrazyCrystalCC is offline   Reply With Quote