Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #1  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Default Plan(s) For the Weekend?

The bf and the two year old are away all weekend, so I've got the house to myself!

Well, myself, and the dog.

I've got a lot of painting to do (bedroom...so much paint...so much trim!) so that'll keep my hands busy. While the paint is drying, or if/when it's completed, I've got two movies that a friend downloaded for me, and a bunch of books I haven't delved into yet ("Big Girl" by Danielle Steele, "The Colour Purple", and "Out of Africa" which I haven't read, but have seen and loved the movie).

For exercise I'm going to hope that the freezing rain subsides so I can get outside for a couple of long walks with His Royal Plumpness (the dog) since we both need to move our behinds more, and I find painting to be a bit of a workout too.

I made a peanut pumpkin curry last night so I won't have to think about supper tonight, and I've got a fridge full of veggies and stuff for a yogurt and fruit parfait for my movie snacks.

How are you all staying on plan or on track this weekend? Any challenges you'll be facing? (dinners out, relatives coming over with food, very busy with little time for a workout, etc.)
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

I want so badly to stay on plan this weekend!

We have my grandparents anniversary dinner at The Keg on saturday so hopefully I can look up the menu online and start planning my order.
Sunday I'm going for a mega hike/mountain climb if the weather is cooperative, otherwise I hope I can motivate myself to hit the gym.
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #3  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

I have a girls night in...a potluck. It will be a challenge this weekend for sure!
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

We are celebrating my parents' anniversary but I'm having it at my house so I get to control the menu!! Plus I'll get in some extra activity doing the shopping and cooking and cleaning for it.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #5  

I'll be testing out my new mountain bike. Woohoo!
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #6  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix4u View Post
I have a girls night in...a potluck. It will be a challenge this weekend for sure!
Now, I can totally understand the challenge aspects if your friends bring delicious but unhealthier choices, but think of what you can bring! Maybe see it as a chance to bring something really yummy but also healthy, and perhaps it'll catch on
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm headed to my Aunt's house today to babysit my cousins tonight and tomorrow. We're going to a baseball game Saturday, so I'll be enjoying the sunshine!
Sunday, I have homework to catch-up on, some housework to take care of and a sorority meeting in the evening.
Boring, but Spring break is soon, so I'm excited!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have a karate competition tomorrow, that is all I have planned. Other than that, normal weekend.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #9  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Today: 2nd half of my bike commute. Hamburgers and onion rings from a local joint, which makes precise tracking difficult, but I have my methods of working out how many calories. Then a homemade strawberry milkshake made from no-sugar vanilla ice cream and Trader Joe's fruit spread. Planned calorie deficit today in the 800 to 1000 range.

Tomorrow: Oldest son's audition for magnet high school drama program. Overall body strength training. Nothing really special planned for food, though for lunch I am lusting after making some of my tuna with aioli, over romaine. Planned calorie deficit in the 750 range.

Sunday: After my homemade weekend breakfast of poached eggs and whole-grain toast, a morning date with my husband for the very best local mocha and used-book shopping. In the evening we're taking the whole family rollerskating, and they will all be eating (crappy) pizza served by the skating rink, while I'll be eating something healthy and delicious at home beforehand. Planned calorie deficit in the 750 range.

When I put it like that, it looks like a pretty fun and also on-plan weekend!
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #10  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Sadly, I'll be working all weekend on a 34-page report compiled & written by a committee of analysts & consultants based in India. Their English is not good. I mean, they can write in English, but it's not standard business English, it's full of circumlocutions & odd usages. (Sometimes this is called "Indlish.") I will need to rewrite every sentence. Sometimes I have to puzzle for a while over what they really mean to say. The report is due Monday afternoon. I need to do 10 pages a day, finish off on Monday, and hand in a "track changes" copy and a second, clean, readable copy without any markups.

Aside from that, I've got two classes at my gym on Saturday morning (circuit training & Pilates) and a swimming class on Sunday morning. And I need to catch up on housework. If the weather is miserable, I'll be fine with that.

Last edited by saef; 03-26-2010 at 01:38 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #11  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I actually have a huge challenge coming up this weekend and actually all the way into next week. My grandparents whom I haven't seen in 6 years are coming to town and staying with my mom. However, I am expected to participate in all the dinners where I won't be in control of the food. I have a few left overs in my fridge and I'm considering bringing my own food to my own mothers house regardless of who it offends, I just reached my 100 lbs goal and I'd hate to blow it within in days of reaching it. I'm just planning on practicing what I know and preach and even if I'm not 100% I know I'll do better than I would have in the past and start fresh the next week.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Let's see. We have ancho chicken soup on the stove for tonight and tomorrow night. Salisbirdie steak for Sunday and Monday. We'll be working on clearing out stuff from my studio and the yard, getting ready for a dump run right after April 1 when we get our free day. Robert needs to make a cover for one of the baseboard heaters and I need to do some painting. Time to get busy cleaning our guest rooms that I've used for storage all winter to get ready for summer tourists. Nice gentle uphill bike ride and mini picnic one of the weekend days if the ^&&%$E#( wind ever stops. I took today off riding today because we've ridden all week in a bit of a breeze and that polus a trip on the steep stairs have my calves begging for mercy. I'd sure like to find time for a small mountain hike...can't walk very far, but maybe a mile-ish is possible now if Buster isn't pulling on the leash.

I would love to get ready for planting flowers...but I know if I do, it will snow and freeze, so that will have to wait.

Oh, and we'll prolly rent a movie to watch Saturday evening unless there's a good one on for free on the tv.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #13  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Earth Hour potluck so I am making a diet friendly dish to take.

www.earthhour.org

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-26-2010 at 05:59 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote