Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/198/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Meal Replacement Shakes

Has anyone tried these and are they any good? I have 3 very active teenagers and sometimes it's after 9pm before I get home (soccer, basketball, track, 4-H ect...). It's to late to fix a meal but I need to eat something. I thought the shakes would be a good option.
tmdean44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Yea--I used them in a bind myself. Chocolate and vanilla are both good--especially if they're chilled. Something I just did every once in awhile as tried to rely on 'real food" as much as possible....but there are sure times that just doesn't work!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #3  

I think they're good .... sometimes I added almond flavoring and that was a nice change, but the high carb count didn't work so well for me. They sure are great for convenience though.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

I find the powdered shakes disgusting. I hate to use strong language like that but there's something about the taste and the after taste that makes me gag and I have to chug them down just to drink them. I tried adding flavoring to the vanilla but it didn't help with the taste. The premade shakes are very very yummy, though. Definately worth it, but I was told that for a meal replacement I would need to drink two of the pre-made drinks.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

The powered shakes are just nasty. I've tried many things with mixing them and I just don't like the taste or consistancy of them. I quite seriously have to gag them down.

The pre-made ones are delish though! I don't splurge for those too often though.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6''

I actually like the chocolate shake mix. I blend it...never had it any other way...with water and ice. It's a little gritty, but not too bad. No worse than any other whey protein shake i've had. I can't do the pre-mades...to expensive for me. I drink a shake once a week usually. Good luck with it.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

I'm on day 6 of metaquick, which means it's all i've had for 12 of the last 18 meals. I really do like the shakes and that says something because i'm totally sick of them! I like the chocolate over the vanilla powdered and mixing in the orange HSN even tasted yummy. I do what most people recommended which was to use ice + water and a good blender with a nice "whip" setting and leave it running for a bit. I bought some mint extract too because I like chocolate + mint together, but haven't tried it yet.

I've had the premade shakes for lunch all week and they're really good too! A bit less filling as the powdered and a bit more expensive since you have to drink 2.

Hope you find a way to make it work. Sometimes when i'm in a rush, cottage cheese, sliced cucumber and melba toast or tortilla make a "cooking free" dinner.

Last edited by GoalAug2010; 03-27-2010 at 01:28 AM.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote