Old 02-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

Default Want to stop MRC but am feeling guilty.

I've been on the program since September, and I've lost 26lbs along the way. My goal date was January 4th and I reupped for more time, but ever since the holidays I've been struggling with getting back OP. I lost 40 lbs with just diet and exercise and I only came to MRC because I was desperate needed a push. My dilemma is I feel that this program is what is keeping me from getting back on track. I'm ready to quit this diet and do it on my own again because I know I'm ready and will make it and I feel so restricted here. I think it's mostly because I'm feeling burnt out from MRC, even though they are wonderful at my center and the diet does work. I've even gained back 5-10 lbs (depending on the day and how much water I've had) while struggling to get back on this diet. I groan internally when my husband says something's not on program. My problem is this. I feel a tremendous amount of guilt and indecision with leaving the program when I have two more months to go and with all the money I've spent so far. I added it up today and ... whoa. Any advice or at least some encouraging words so I don't feel so darned guilty?
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6''

desi - don't feel guilty. You admitted two things in your post....MRC works and it's restrictive. With this plan, you can't have success without the restrictions. I very very firmly believe that MRC is a perfect way to learn how to eat. You learn to balance your diet and think about how the food you're eating effects your body (if you don't...you're not asking questions).

Sounds to me, like you've got your lesson learned. If you think you can do it on your own, then more power to you. You got out of MRC what you could and are ready to move on. You can still feel free to drop in here and say hi to us if you want to. We'll support you whether you're still going to MRC or not. Best wishes!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

I had a similar experience the first time around. I was within about 10 pounds of goal and I had had it with the MRC restrictions. I would crave bananas, yogurt, or peanut butter. This was an improvement from snickers, chinese food and pie but I made the mistake of thinking I could do WW or some other program if I stopped MRC.
Well I did quit before stabilization went on a starvation diet to lose the last 10 pounds and managed to maintain my goal weight for 3 or 4 months. I never got around to another program to continue to learn better habits. That was they key for me and I gained all the weight back and then some.
So I guess what I am trying to say is, do you think you could take a day or two break and get focused to finish your program or set some days that you can have off program meals to give you something to look forward to? We all know this program works-if done properly.
If you can do an effective weight loss/management program on your own, then you are miles ahead of me bc I have always failed at those. All of this being said. Good luck to you and congrats on your progress thus far.
NWALoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #4  

By the way, I did not realize we went to the same center. If you decide to continue I will be your weight loss buddy
Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Desilu I am in the same boat. I have lost 20 pounds on MRC but now am having trouble with it. I did their hormone test and my hormones were out of whack. I let them talk me into adding 8 new prouducts that were supposed to melt the pounds off. Well instead I gained a pound while being OP. After that my weight loss slowed. I have talked with a couple of other women whose weight loss slowed once they started taking corti-trim. Anyway, I also have 2 months left. The weighing in twice a week keeps me on track so I just started doing my own diet but using MRC to weigh in twice a week. I haven't told them what I am doing. I just knew I was going to blow it if I didn't change something. I basically have added a few more carbs, fruits and vegetables. I am not eating any processed or high sugar or carb foods. I am eating healthy. We'll see how it goes. Keep us posted on what you decide to do and how it works for you.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #6  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
By the way, I did not realize we went to the same center. If you decide to continue I will be your weight loss buddy
hey nwa! i know you have told me before...but what days do you do your WIs? i normally try to go on tuesdays and fridays....
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #7  

This is my first week and I did my WI on Wednesday and Friday (today). That was just the most convenient time this week. I probably will start doing Monday and Friday. When do you WI? How are things going so far for you? Remind me again how long you have been OP? Two weeks? and you've lost 7 pounds?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
I've been on the program since September, and I've lost 26lbs along the way. My goal date was January 4th and I reupped for more time, but ever since the holidays I've been struggling with getting back OP. I lost 40 lbs with just diet and exercise and I only came to MRC because I was desperate needed a push. My dilemma is I feel that this program is what is keeping me from getting back on track. I'm ready to quit this diet and do it on my own again because I know I'm ready and will make it and I feel so restricted here. I think it's mostly because I'm feeling burnt out from MRC, even though they are wonderful at my center and the diet does work. I've even gained back 5-10 lbs (depending on the day and how much water I've had) while struggling to get back on this diet. I groan internally when my husband says something's not on program. My problem is this. I feel a tremendous amount of guilt and indecision with leaving the program when I have two more months to go and with all the money I've spent so far. I added it up today and ... whoa. Any advice or at least some encouraging words so I don't feel so darned guilty?
Good luck with your decision...it's so individual for all of us on what is best. The only certain thing in my mind is guilt is just not good. The money is already spent.....so I'd try to take that out of the equation... and focus on what is best for you and your health. The restriction part is really hard. In my case it's what has worked--I need it JUST this literal. I've tried on my own quite a bit before joining MRC and was unsuccessful. That being said....perhaps you could give yourself say a week to try your own way and then reevaluate and either recommit to MRC or decide your new way works best for you.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #9  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i am right there with you, desilu. the restrictions just got to be too much to the point where i have started dreading meals! that's not a good feeling i feel like i can take what i've learned from MRC and apply it to my everyday eating plan and be successful, it's just that it'll be 100x slower than MRC hehe
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the advice! I'm feeling a lot better, especially after discussing this with my husband, and now I only have a little twinge of guilt. I like the idea of sticking with them for the weigh ins, mostly because I have a lot of creamies that I don't like that I would want to swap out. Habits that will not be going away are drinking lots of water and taking multivitamins and efa's.

Besides, the first 26 lbs was lost at an average rate of half a pound to 2 lbs a week, and that's the normal rate you're supposed to lose at. I'll come back when I lose my weight off program and post pics.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote