Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 219.5/214.2/160

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Help, had a really hard day!

I had a really hard day, but I will try something new tomorrow. I just wanted to post this because I think I need some support. I have not gone to the gym because I just have not gone. I know I need to get off my butt.. I work all day and feel so dead at night. My husband is trying to help, but I think he is frustrated. I know I need to do this on my own but I am kind of freaking out a little, I feel pretty bad tonight.

My work day was really hard at the end of the day. I had a hard time with my staff and having to make staff changes. I wanted to eat a sundae in the afternoon at Mcdonalds, so I did. I feel bad about that. I ate 2 100 calorie snack packs instead of one and I ate 2 helpings of cous cous instead of one. Oh I had a glass of wine! Not the best day! I consumed 1600 calories....
Can I get some supportive or some kick me in the butt responses?
Help me please.
J
soundgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey soundgirl,

Sorry you are feeling stressed :-( I don't think you should worry too much about your calorie consumption if it was only 1600 calories. That is really close to (probably even under) your BMR. When I was 218, I was eating 1500-1600 calories a day and still losing. If you are aiming for a lower daily limit, you can always start fresh tomorrow! Be kind to yourself, and please don't give up! Hope you feel better soon! :-)
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

1600 calories doesn't sound bad at all. Don't worry, tomorrow is a brand new day! You'll do great.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:01 AM   #4  

Default Thanks!

You are right, thanks so much! When I have a hard day I tend to turn to the food. I think tomorrow I will get some exercise. That will really help my stress go far far far away!
Thanks again and congrats on your hard work, you guys are an inspiration!
J

Last edited by soundgirl1; 02-17-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgirl1 View Post
When I have a hard day I tend to turn to the food.
J

Please don't. My older sister has been hospitalized for the last 6 months due to complications of morbid obesity and yesterday afternoon she was taken off life support. She weighs over 500 pounds. It took 9 men to get her out of her apartment and to the hospital. The last news I had of her (I cannot go to her because I cannot walk very far. I weigh 400-ish pounds) was that her BP was very low and her kidneys had shut down. There is a Do Not Resusitate order for her and it is now only a matter of time.

I also turned to food for comfort but after this.....after she passes.....I never will again.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

1600 isn't bad--but stay away from McD's. Food feels good for like 10 minutes max and it's all downhill from there. Don't give yourself permission to fail!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

There are some days that you will stray from your plan, and you have to give yourself permission to do that, and then jump back on the wagon. I had a bad week of eating last week, and it involved eating more than 600 calories over my daily allotment for a few days. When I got tired of doing that to myself, I chose to come back and now I am even more motivated than ever. Sometimes going off plan for a little bit is actually a good thing in a way because you get to see that "cheating" doesn't feel as good as you thought it would. Be kind to yourself and patient with yourself. A lifestyle change will have setbacks here and there. The important thing is to find your way back after each bump in the road.
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #8  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

We all have bad days! But you realized what you did and just start over tomorrow! No body is perfect and on their game every single second. And I know how you feel about the gym lately Ive been trying to put it off but once I get there Im ok.
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #9  

oh soundgirl...don't beat yourself up over that...please. you don't deserve it because we ALL do it!! i signed up for this site in the middle of december and it took me TWO MONTHS to actually start DOING something about my weight gain. unfortunately i bought a scale yesterday and WOW...that was the smack i REALLY needed. don't feel bad...just remember not to do that EVERY day...give yourself a break every now and then and then get right back on track!
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #10  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

The good news is you stopped at 1600! Congratulations on handlinga ahrd day as best as you could. Those days happen, and they make us feel like crap. Look at it positively - tomorrow will be a bit better, a little more controlled, and today wasn't so bad as to ruin your progress!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

I have to pipe in and agree with all of those above. It's going to happen! No one is perfect. Just start over with a clean slate tomorrow! Maybe think of it as a splurge day and don't beat yourself up over it. It's good to plan a splurge day every so often anyway (speaking from my past successes in dieting; not present day experience).
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 AM   #12  

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone for all of the support! I had a better day today and I am feeling motivated. Tonight I closed the cupboard door when I felt like snacking after dinner. I am taking control. It's not easy, but it feels good!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgirl1 View Post
Thanks everyone for all of the support! I had a better day today and I am feeling motivated. Tonight I closed the cupboard door when I felt like snacking after dinner. I am taking control. It's not easy, but it feels good!
I am glad that you closed that cupboard door. It is not easy and I am struggling with the same thing right now. Every time I want to overeat I think of my sister who lost her battle with morbid obesity and binge eating. She passed on yesterday morning at around 10 am EST.

You and I are fortunate to have this chance to take control. Many do not anymore and that to me is such a sad thing. You know it might sound strange right now but I think I know how Richard Simmons feels when he tries to help those who lost thier battles with food and obesity.

I hope you have a long and healthy life. I really do.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #14  
Darcy

S/C/G: 170.6/156.6/150

Height: 5' 7"

soundgirl1, you're on the right track and you're starting to empower yourself by seeing the little things you can control -- 1600 calories might have been a wake-up call, but you stopped yourself in time and it wasn't as bad as it might have been before you started focusing on weight loss. Exercise is a wonderful alternative to food. I had a horribly stressful week, and Saturday just got worse, and Saturday afternoon I went out and walked for 2.5 miles and felt so much better when I was done. I know you'll find the same benefits and find the motivation to keep it up!

Jaime (canadianwoman), my heart goes out to you with the loss of your sister. I'm so sorry that you are having to bear such a tragic loss of someone so dear to your heart. May you find peace, and may the wonderful memories the two of you shared comfort you.

Darcy
Mom2TCS is offline   Reply With Quote