Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Default holy ship!

all right....all right...a big confession! BINGE! yup...i been binging like every weekend i manage to always do so good on the weekdays and then the weekend hits...i have been so excited that I weigh 179 for the ending month of January and now I have weighed myself and I am 184!! I bounce back and forth alot due to my binging because when i binge i can gain like 2lbs in one day! Yes i binge and I can stuff more then 2 pounds of food in my body in one day! I love the feeling when i am eating healthy and am working out i just feel so good but then when i binge i find it hard to get back on track and i just feel terrible. I don't know how i will stop binging because I have posted on a few posts saying i will never binge ever again but then couple days later i end up eating what ever i find and more. Is binging just inevitable? What is the longest you guys have gone with out binging? Man...i just have to pull myself together and find out why would i waste my hard efforts on working out and eating healthy if i am just going to binge and ruin my hard effort over the darn weekend
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #2  

First off, congratulations on your loss so far! Your doing great!

As for the binges, boy can I relate. I have the same pattern with the weekday/weekend thing. Seems like my weekdays are much more structured and I have a good routine going. But come the weekend, the structure and planning seem to go out the window. Maybe that would help both of us. Sticking to more of a routine-food and exercise- on the weekend would really help to keep me on plan. Do you think that is part of the issue for you?
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #3  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

The longest I've gone without binging at all is about a month. I do the same thing you do, I binge all freaking weekend after doing so well all week. For me it's more about my husband being home than it being the weekend. For some reason his being home is a binge trigger for me. Anyway, he had a three day weekend this past weekend and wouldn't ya know it, I'm up about 10lbs from last Friday morning (thank goodness I know some of it is just water retention!)...

Anyway, congrats on your weight loss so far! Just keep trying, I'm not sure if it ever gets easier, but if you quit trying you won't ever find out.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I am with you! I bust my butt during the week, but manage to digress on the weekends. I would soooooo have been at my goal about 6 months (or more) ago if I would not do this. It is hard. I stayed on program the first two weekends of the month..... but I lost it this weekend (and yesterday).

I cannot really offer you advise except don't give up. I have been wondering if I am going through this b/c I am so strict and disciplined through the week? I dunno.

Good luck..... and congrats on the weight you have lost!

Btw, if you find that "magical" answer (besides just do it)..... let me know.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #5  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

The longest I went without a binge was almost two years. Now, it is once a week or more. The urge can strike even if you think you have it licked. I am not an OA, but one day at a time IS the best you can hope for.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189

I switched my weigh in day to Sunday ( a chart I keep in the bathroom). It helps me stay focused during the weekend. But I feel your pain, the wine and social aspect of the dieting is so hard.
getittogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

not sure if this will help at all or not...

my therapist talks about something called "binge rebound" ... it is when i restrict my calories too far and then 'loose all control'... maybe you could try eating a bit more in terms of healthy calories every single day and that might help remove the 'want' to binge a bit? for example - i eat 2100 calories a day or so and exercise one solid hour every day too and i am at day 50 without a binge... when i was at 1900 calories i made it 60 days and then totally lost all control for nearly 2 months...

not sure if this helps or not... just know that i totally understand what you are going through!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #8  

Thank you guys for responding!!! we are going through the same thing and i think your right HAPPYTOBEAMOMOF2 i think i do restrict my calories way toooooo far and later it causes me to lose all control. GOGIRL008 i think i should have a plan for the weekends because on the weekdays i have school and i have a set schedule of when to eat already but on the weekends i am mainly at home...(hmm maybe that is why i binge on the weekends) but i think im write down a plan and a schedule for the weekend and i will just see how i do from there and the good thing is that i weighed in today and i was exactly at 180 close to 179 so i am back on starting point again. I just have to remember to not give up.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #9  

there you go! that's the attitude!!!! positive thinking - visualize yourself on Monday having NOT binged this weekend... you can do this!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #10  

wow i never thought about visualizing myself on a monday having not binged over the weekend...hmm nice one i can see myself now all happy :P
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #11  

i am excited to hear, on monday, how powerful and strong you feel for making it through! set mini-goals for yourself... even if it is just a couple of hours without binging (like I do for myself on Tues nights... my 'hard time') or for a week or a month... but make them achievable... so maybe this time it is making it to Monday.... you can do it... visualize it and it will happen... the power of positive thinking ...(korny yes...but it works!)