Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #1  

Default embarassing sports bra recommendations

So I signed up for a month of bootcamp in March (totally scared and excited). This means that I'm going to be exercising with other people rather than the comfort of my own home, so I need recommendations on better sports bras.

Here's my (somewhat embarrassing) problem: my nipples show through every sports bra I've tried (and the covering shirt). I've been to Title Nine and Sports Basement trying on all the bras that seem to have a lot of molding/padding in front, but to no avail...

Am I the only one that has this problem? Does anyone have a recommendation of a bra that is so thick it will protect my modesty in public?

(I'm about a size 34C.)

Thank you such much! (sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this)
Transformer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Nipple petals.

Google it. Not at work though.
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/151/125

Height: 5'4"

I usually wear a strapless comfy padded bra under my sports bra. I bought the strapless at Victorias Secret and I bought the sports bra at Target. Then a shirt over it and a jacket (if its cold) should do the trick!!
orangebelpeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #4  

Bandaids? Paper tape?

Or, and I mean this with all possible respect, getting over yourself. No one other than you is all that concerned with your breasts.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Yeah, mine do too. I've basically nursed for 5 continuous years and have permanant high beams.

If it really bothers you get a bra that has seams in the cups (like this one) and just make sure the nips line up with the seam. In the long run that will be far more comfortable then some kind of padding that will get soggy with sweat.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #6  

Thanks for the suggestions, girls. Thudathighs I am going to look into this petal thing.

MariaMaria, I appreciate your input, but I was raised such that showing nipples is considered declasse (and of course I'm also old enough that I also think that bra straps showing is also trashy and not cute as apparently the style is now.)

Worse comes to worse it is what it is, just thought it was worth running it past you ladies.

Thanks much.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Trans, WalMart has sports bras with padding and underwire, and nothing shows. I've also worn a comfy padded bra under my sports bra and that works well too...

Maria, with all due respect, I disagree that only I am the only one concerned with my breast. When you have men looking at your nipples instead of your face when you talk to them, that, IMHO, is reason enough to do something about nipples showing...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

To inject a bit of humor...I am ummm..large boobed and very floppy from weight loss and kids. usually when I notice my nips in the gym its because one is pointing west and the other is pointing north or some weird arrangement.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #9  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

you can wear two sports bras, I usually do. I have one that is not very supportive and I wear it under my other, more supportive one. I have large breasts (36D) so this works for me.

However, I got my current favorite sports bra from Aerie. Sounds weird, but I LOVE it. It's got underwire and its nice and thick, and very supportive. Kind of expensive, but worth it for sure.
kristyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #10  

Thank you so much for the recommendations, guys!! Between a few more stores, and worst case scenario layering or petals, I will get this straightened out!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer08 View Post
Thank you so much for the recommendations, guys!! Between a few more stores, and worst case scenario layering or petals, I will get this straightened out!
Let us know what you decide and how it goes.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/144/128

Height: 5'6"

I am quite nippy myself. I wear a champion sports bra from target or marshalls with a workout shirt over it. The crossover shirts work well because there is more material in them, also darker colors. I am only an A, so I don't know if that type of bra works for you? If not, Wacoal makes the best line of bras ever, seriously. I use them for my everyday wear including white t-shirts and I never look nippy. They do make workout bras too, my bestfriend has one and she is a D. They are pricey, but so well made. I think every woman deserves to wear great bras and it's a place to be more spendy if necessary.

Good luck with the bootcamp!!
taramc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #13  
In it to win it.

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 67"

What about a sweatshirt or cute running jacket or something?
alicat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I really like the Lily of France sprots bras. I'm pretty chesty at times depending on my weight and find these to be really comfortable. I use the regular underwire one, but they also have this one:
"Lily of FranceŽ Stop the Show Concealing Sports Bra" has the petals already in the bra. I saw it at Kohl's a few weeks ago.

A lady in my running club a few years back told me she used a good underwire sports bra, one of those tank tops with the built in bra and then a baggy t-shirt. It didn't sound very comfortable at all.

Good luck.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #15  

I occasionally have this problem also. When I wear a dark tee shirt my nipples are not as obvious. I agree that it is embarrassing. I work out with a male trainer and when he tells me to pull my shoulders back and I see my nipples in the mirror I want to cringe. If I see them I know he does too.
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote