General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Wedding favor CD - playlist

Hey guys

I'm getting married on Feb. 20. As a wedding favor, I'm burning CDs with romantic songs. I'm going to put them in color coordinated cases, with a lightscribed cover of flowers with our names and the date (rejected labels because they can be bad for CD players). I'm wrapping them with tulle ribbons with a little charm of silver bells and a playlist attached with wedding grommet (have to go get grommets tomorrow).

Here's the current playlist. It's supposed to be symbolic of our relationships. The first couple of songs are dating, then the long distance issues, then moving in together, being in love, the proposal, growing old together. Hopefully the last song will be reflective of the actual day!

The audience is pretty eclectic - moms, grandmoms, friends my age. I was trying to get a few standards and not too many super rare songs. If you haven't checked out TJ McCloud, I would highly recommend him. His stuff is so gorgeous. He's on iTunes, so you can listen to samples! Na Leo is a Hawaiian band suggested by my maid of honor from Hawaii!

Butterflies - Saving Jane
See Me Beautiful - Sister Hazel
Where You Are - Marc Broussard
Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
After All - cher & Peter Cetera
Smile - Uncle Kracker
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
You Got Me - Tristan Prettyman
Better Today - Jack Johnson
Another Day in Love - TJ McCloud
Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
Everything - Michael Buble
When You Say Nothing At all - Ronan Keating
Lovely Tonight - Joshua Radin
Your Love - Jim Brickman featuring Michelle Wright
This Kind of Love - Sister Hazel
Give Me Forever (I Do) - John Tesh & James Ingram
Always Will Be Yours - TJ McCloud
Rest of Your Life - Na Leo
Beautiful in Your Eyes - Joshua Kadison
Today Was a Fairytale - Taylor Swift
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

It's automatically a winner because it has "Everything". That's our song, so I have a big ol' soft spot for it.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I don't see "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait and "Keeper Of The Stars" by Tracy Byrd....

mine and Angie's songs....wink...

have fun kiddo....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Come What May from Moulin Rouge. It was our wedding song
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #5  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

My hubby hates country music, so he rejected "Bless the Broken Road" (actually a country-pop crossover but he doesn't like those either) "I Cross My Heart" and "Keeper of the Stars."

But our wedding song had special significance because I heard it for the first time as a lonely teenager, although it was already an oldie even then. I thought, "That's a beautiful song. It would be sweet to have someone dedicate it to me."

Fast forward June 2007 when hubby and I were becoming serious with our relationship. Because of bad experiences, I was insecure about the future. He said to me, "There's a song I'd like to play for you," And he put on exactly that same song I'd wanted dedicated to me when I was a teenager! So of course we had to play it at our wedding!

"Never My Love," by the Association.

Last edited by LovebirdsFlying; 02-12-2010 at 10:57 PM.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #6  

Yay it has Mandalinn's seal of approval! Off to look at Never My Love and other suggestions.

Last edited by Glory87; 02-12-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I walked down the aisle to the duet between Kermit and Miss Piggy from Muppets Take Manhatten. "He'll Make Me Happy." Sweet and not a dry eye in the house, lol! Sounds like a great idea. We had no traditional music at our wedding.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Our first dance song was actually "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce. Another gorgeous song. We also walked down the aisle to a guitar-only version.

But really, any song that means something to you guys will mean something to your guests! Very sweet favor idea.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't have any suggestions but this kind of reminds me what I did for our wedding.

We had a small wedding and didn't have anyone play music, just played off the CD.

I had 1 CD that we played to get ready before the wedding. I had a variety of songs on it, mostly classical but I had Schroeder's song from peanuts and also the theme song for Bridezilla on it.

I then had a CD for the wedding when guests arrived, basically just plain classical musical.

Then I made a car CD for when we were driving. It just had a bunch of funky songs on it that I liked that were relationship related. One of my favorites on that CD was "Dracula's wedding" by Outkast
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:36 AM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I would like to clarify that the 2 songs I suggested were not played at the wedding of Angie and I...

we got married at our church with our Pastor performing the ceremony but we just had our kids with us and immediate family since it was the second for both of us. Then we all went out for lunch, after lunch Angie the kids and I went on our honeymoon

Here is the for the songs I suggested ~ One afternoon, about 6 months after meeting Angie, I was getting ready for a date with her. I was listening to the local country station and the song I Cross My Heart came on....I have always loved that song. I felt the urge to "dedicate" that song to her from me...on the way to her place I stopped and picked up the cassette....yes I said cassette I mailed it to her place the next morning.

Either the next day or the day after I was at her place and she gave me a cassette of Keeper of the Stars that she had copied.....told me to listen to it at home...it was her song to me....

now she had no idea that my song to her was coming in the mail....

it came the very next day...she thought I mailed it after I got hers...

nope! ...a day or two before!

Boy did I score points!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #11  
Changing behaviours

Oh Glory what a beautiful idea for favours! And I love threads like this; music is just da bomb! So many songs, but off the top of my head here are some favs...

Still The One - Orleans
The Lucky One - Faith Hill
Show Me The Way - Peter Frampton
Fallin' For You - Colbie Caillat
Fantasy - Danny Fernandes

ETA: and also, if you can stand Willie : If My World Didn't Have You - Willie Nelson

ETA: and Two is Better Than One: Boys Like Girls/Taylor Swift

Last edited by Fressca; 02-13-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I would suggest First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes. I smiled so much the first time I heard this song
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:09 AM   #13  

Fallin' for you almost made the cut, I like that one. Sorry Canadiancutie, I have First Day of My Life and I don't think it would work for this playlist. The lyrics are sweet, but it doesn't sound like anything else on the CD. When I put the song list together I was actually using "would my grandmother like/get this song? as a gating criteria.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I wish this song had been written when we got married.

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/in-laws/weddingday.htm
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Best wishes on your marriage!!

Lucky-Jason Mraz

This next one may not be your type of music, but it is the most beautiful song! It is by Yanni called Love Is All. It isn't instrumental, it has a great female singer.

Video of live performance with instrumental intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INcSFm0ZhLE

Lyrics:
http://www.music-free-download.net/m...p3_188297.html

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 02-14-2010 at 03:02 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote