General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #1  
is determined!

S/C/G: 208/194.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Question When Does it Get Really Hard?

Obviously this will be unique to each individual, but as a general rule of thumb what would you consider those "last stubborn pounds"? 10? 15? 20?

I would love to take a spinning class and see a personal trainer but I know if I went now I would walk out defeated, embarassed, frustrated and would probably feel very much like giving up. We live very rurally so the gym isn't something convenient for me to get to, but currently I do have to go to town twice a week and I drive right past a gym that offers both personal trainers and spinning classes (conveniently on the days I am down there... ) I'm usually good at the beginning on my own, but I know towards the end when the pounds get tough to shed I get frustrated and discouraged so I thought, why not make a mini-goal and have the reward be a few personal trainer sessions and classes. I'd like to set that particular mini-goal in a good place where I'll feel good enough about myself to not walk out of a gym completely defeated, but also in a good place where it can help me kick those last stubborn pounds. I was thinking of setting that mini-goal at 165, 20 lbs shy of my final goal. Any thoughts on that plan from the experts?
evoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #2  

I know from my gym (and my personal trainer) that bigger people see personal trainers all the time. The buff people often don't seek outside help in the gym because they think they have it all figured out already.
And a PT will NOT make you feel defeated! They got into the business to help people and make them feel strong. Go for it!
lizard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #3  
evolving fitness addict!

S/C/G: 126/118/107

Height: 5'0"

If you work with a good personal trainer, he or she will give you great suggestions about how to make your solo workouts more effective, in addition to guiding you and motivating you through your sessions together. This will help you achieve your fitness and weight-loss goals as quickly and safely as possible. With this in mind, it may very well benefit you to visit a trainer sooner than later! Of course, not all personal trainers are created equal, and you might have to try more than one trainer before you find the best fit for you and your goals. Best of luck!!
Frosted Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #4  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Height: 5'5

I recently found FREE cardio dance classes offered at the local college. Maybe this could be an option rather than a gym, or me that's intimidating!
chubbyteenmom is offline   Reply With Quote