Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/227.5/150

Height: 5 ft 6in

Default I am bored!!

And that makes me want to eat!! Help!! I live in GA and this rain is making me nuts!!! I don't think it will ever stop!!!
nassmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Drink some tea- that's what I do when I know I just want to eat. I don't put sugar in it, I put in honey.

Got any workout videos at home? Or a movie you have been wanting to watch? OR how about call a friend up and go visit? Take a hot bath? Take a nap? Read a book? Wash your hair?! lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #3  

I feel your pain. I'm in the Washington DC area, and what you've gotten in rain, we've gotten in snow. The roads are terrible, so driving is seriously unfun (and dangerous). Stuck inside all day, yuck. Fortunately, I knew that boredom would lead to munchies, so I stocked up on healthy food and nothing else. Can you go to the movies or maybe walk around a mall, if you have one nearby?
mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/227.5/150

Height: 5 ft 6in

I would love the movie or bath route, but my 3 year old won't let me do those. I did get a rice cake though instead of the bag of chips right next to it. So, instead of 160 calories, I only got 35 Thanks for letting me vent!!!
nassmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Be glad it's not snow! We were supposed to get a dusting and we have over 2 inches right now and it's still snowing. Schools out which means I am out of work today. I have cleaned the house and made a pot of potato soup. When I think about eating I just find something else to clean.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #6  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Run around and play with your 3 year old...that will burn cals and your child will love it.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

You can be glad you're not near the Philly today! LOL! My office is closed and since I'm a temp (for the past 9 months) I don't get paid. I woke up to 6"-7" of snow, slush and ice/sleet/freezing rain. We had a lull and it's just started to snow again. Ths afternoon is looking at blizzard like conditions with somewhere in the range of 16"-20". Looks like tomorrow will be another day off.

What about doing a craft project with your 3 year old?

Last edited by Violin Jenn; 02-10-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Default Even without kids...

you can do childish things that are fun and keep your hands busy so they aren't going to your mouth. I like to do jigsaw puzzles and play solitaire and used to draw/color when I was bored. One time I even bought playdough just because it's fun to smoosh and make shapes. Crazy, but true. I find that I have a lot of nervous energy to work off, but not always enough to do exercise so activities like these are a happy medium.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

I love to color when I am bored. I print out stationery that I made in GIMP with some cute free dingbat fonts (during another day I was bored!) and then color in the flowers and stuff, then write to a penpal. Or I go take a bath because eating in the bathroom would just be super gross, take some hot tea in with me and book. I load up DDO on the computer and play that, I can't eat and play that game or I get killed. Load up secondlife and go tell friends to go fishing with me so I don't eat, usually some of them are in the same way too trying to not snack when they shouldn't. I bike and watch a movie, since there's no eating on the bike and the bonus exercise is always nice. I crochet on my afghan or embroider a tea towel to keep busy.

I'm at home most of the time hehe so got lots of little things to do to keep me occupied.

If none of that is fun, I go clean the toilet or load the dishwasher. Suddenly I find the urge to do the other fun stuff instead. Bonus is a clean toilet and clean dishes! Then I also do not feel like a slacker for not doing something useful for the day heh
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #10  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I drink green tea when I feel like I'm gonna just start eating-or I color in coloring books
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote