Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 02-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default Not Cellulitis

Went to Dr. this Morning.That place on my side is a Lipoma or Assymetrical Panniculus Adiposis..It is a Benign Tumor composed of Fatty Tissue..I asked how it developed and what we are gonna do about it.He said trauma and when I reach or almost reach my WLG,Surgery..
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/145 HW: 232

Height: 5' 9"

Very good news. Those are also really common but annoying.
I am glad you are OK.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #3  
Woman on mission!

Dingo,
I don't trust my Doctor and he doesn't order Tests to confirm or back up what he says,so not sure if I trust what he said it is.I honestly believe it is from saggy Fat overlapping off my Couch.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_Butt View Post
Dingo,
I don't trust my Doctor and he doesn't order Tests to confirm or back up what he says,so not sure if I trust what he said it is.I honestly believe it is from saggy Fat overlapping off my Couch.

I think you're both right. When I suggested that I thought it was a pressure or friction injury (both technically types of trauma), the ones I thought of were pressure sores (bed sores), callus (or callus over blister because of the "liquidy" feeling you mentioned) or a lipoma.

I have a few lipomas, one of which was caused by the seat belt digging into my upper arm when I was in a car accident (the seat belt saved my life, but the scar tissue where the seat belt dug in created the lipoma).

However, the other ones I have aren't from a single source of trauma, but from friction and overhang trauma. One is under my arm, where I had "saggy overhang" over the edge of my bra. I also a have small one on each inner thighs from the friction of thigh rub.

My doctor told me that lipomas are usually pretty obviously lipomas (I asked how he knew it wasn't a cancerous tumor), and he said that lipomas are very obviously what they are - especially when the source of trauma is obvious (like your couch overhang, and my bra overhang, car accident, and thigh rub).

My doctor said that if my tumors were very painful, were deeper (didn't move when we pushed it around) or were rapidly growing, then he would have run more tests, and that if I noticed any of that developing I should bring it to his attention.

He told me that weight loss probably would reduce their appearance (but could make them more obvious - the way I understood his explanation was that sometimes for some reason the body won't break down the fat in a lipoma because the scar tissue encapsulates the fat, making it difficult or impossible for the body to use the fat in the tumor for fuel). He said that after I got to my goal weight if they were still noticeable, or if a lipoma interfered with function (say the ones on my inner thighs made walking difficult) then they'd remove them surgically.

Last edited by kaplods; 02-12-2010 at 12:51 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #5  
Woman on mission!

Kaplods,
Thank you for using the words that wouldn't come to mind!This is a pressure/friction trauma from overlapping.It wasn't there until after Month's of sleeping on my Couch.My Doctor told me Lipomas occur if we bump into something.Anything that can cause trauma.He told me after I get to my goal weight,I would require Surgery.He didn't ellaborate if Liposuction or..

A Friend who Works at my local HFS Store told me she researched Lipomas for a Guy.The 2 things she found are: Oil of Frankincense,which has Anti-Tumoral properties.Rub on the Skin above the Fatty Tumor.Also,Dr. John Christopher said to take a cheap can of Asparagus and blend it up and take 2 T Daily for all kinds of Tumors.You can take it cold by the T,mix it in Water and drink or put in a small Stewer and heat and eat as Soup.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Interesting. I'd never heard about frankincense or asparagus. Aparagus would be easy enough to try.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #7  
Woman on mission!

I am "big" on Alternative,Integrative and Natural Healing.I'm going to try both the Oil of Frankincense and Asparagus!